Author Topic: summer racing agenda  (Read 10533 times)

Offline haddow

• ayatollah of rock and rolla
  • Forum Veteran
    • Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
summer racing agenda
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 07:19:44 PM »
one class has been 5, if you want to just race one class it is still five, no change. By increasing the number of classes available that isnt really an increase in the cost to race only if YOU want to race more, no one is being forced to pay for two or three classes and a third class doesnt exist at this point.

Also blaming needing a new trailer on  IROCC  miss-management pisses me off because we baught what we could afford at the time and no one predicted our outdoor club to grow the way it has. If we needed something bigger then (which we didnt) we would not have had the money anyway.

you are asking for a perfect world  to be handed to you on a silver platter in my opinion.
Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
https://www.facebook.com/drspeeddesigns/

summer racing agenda
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 07:31:16 PM »
ok well when i first started racing it was 5  to race not per class........but thats besides the point  5 per class is good for the club .........but you want to get pissed off because anyone could have seen that the trailer we got was too small.............too bad if you couldnt see that the first day ....it as too small before the club grew............ and all we could afford then mabye we should have waited ,as before we had the trailer the stuff was still getting there.............but like i have said so many times before my only problem with theese fees is that it keeps changing and hasnt  been the same 2 times in a row in the 3or4 years i been in the club..sorry if i like consistancy and only buying things once...................BAD DOG!

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://abc123.dowco.com/~tom/rc
summer racing agenda
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 08:32:28 PM »
So if we were going to wait before getting the current trailer, were you going to volunteer to haul the hose, drivers stand, etc. around in your car trunk?

If I recall correctly, we had several people volunteering the back of their pickup trucks to store the clubs equipment.  I for one welcomed the current trailer when it was purchased.

You have some nerve second guessing the trailer issue in particular.  I too dislike the idea of buying something twice, however the trailer still has resale value.  If we decide to sell the current trailer after replacing it functionality wise, we should be able to get what we paid for it back, in which case it has more than paid for itself.

Who knows; the executive of the club may decide to keep it, so it becomes another asset.  If there's a problem with that, then you should also have a problem with more than one roll of carpet to race on, more than one hose to lay out an outdoor track, or some similar absurd propisition.

I understand the concern about saying one thing about the membership fees and doing something else.  This is because we made a mistake (in my opinion) in what we decided last fall.  If correcting this mistake is a problem, we can decide to deal with it in a different way.  It sounds as though nobody so far has a problem with fixing the mistake in the proposed manner.

Other than that, all I see is criticism about how the club has been run, with no constructive ideas on how to improve it.  This has little value, and is rather inflamitory.

summer racing agenda
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 08:47:52 PM »
incase you didnt notice a long time ago i have lots of nerve and yes if someone had asked i could have had a storage spot for all the stuff and a way to have it transported so whatever you want to say there is alot that could have been done but as i recal i was not at any meeting that involved discussions of buying our current trailer if i had  i would have spoke up if there was even such a meeting!...............you guys can take my thoughts and call them whatever you want.................the trailer issure was only brought up as everyone keeps talking about all the money our club needs to charge to pay for the things we have and for the most point i agree but at the same time i think we could have been a little smarter and if you cant handle that too bad it isnt to put anyone down its more like lets learn from our mistakes and take the future into consideration.......................

DekelzMan

summer racing agenda
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 11:57:40 PM »
Well I guess the whole has been settled then. Doug has volunteered to find free storage and transportation for all the equipment. Now we don't need to charge anything for racing this year. Thanks Doug !  :)

summer racing agenda
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2006, 12:00:03 AM »
for free racing for every one..............im down!

Offline haddow

• ayatollah of rock and rolla
  • Forum Veteran
    • Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
summer racing agenda
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2006, 12:42:40 AM »
Doug, if you think you are taking heat here...wait till NITRO baby, when I look at all these long posts of yours here...all I see is fear of going outdoors dude ....yer scared. :twisted:
Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
https://www.facebook.com/drspeeddesigns/

summer racing agenda
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2006, 12:46:27 AM »
i guess since i would be contributing to the club(behind the sceenes i wouldnt have to help with set up and tear down...........lol, seriously guys im not gonna argue about the  trailer because i dont really care, my main concern is just membership fees and such set and not changed every 6 months...........is that too much to ask?as for missmanagment........for the record i dont think the club  does do missmanage there finances  quit the opposite  the club does  very good !!!far better than most i am sure

summer racing agenda
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2006, 12:48:01 AM »
damn Jody! you have figured me out...................lol,im just gonna step back and save the agression for the 20 min mains!

Offline kukkiyukkuk

• Forum Regular
summer racing agenda
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 07:27:09 AM »
Just curious as to what came about at the meeting or will it be announced on saturday?

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://abc123.dowco.com/~tom/rc
summer racing agenda
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006, 12:21:32 PM »
Give me some time to write up the minutes already!

Yeesh.  Everyone wants things instantly.

summer racing agenda
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 12:36:49 PM »
not instantly .............just yesterday!.......................lmao :lol:

Offline kukkiyukkuk

• Forum Regular
summer racing agenda
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2006, 09:05:32 PM »
lol sorry i didnt mean a complete write up or nethign jsut jist of it  lol!!!

Offline cyrrus

• Forum Veteran
summer racing agenda
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 12:01:56 AM »
hey me too.  I'm not looking for the complete write up.  I just though there might be some discusion on here about the meeting and how thing went.
ood grief I think I lost my....
. one turn at a time, but what do I have to do on the straight's again.

for a cool display option press alt+(f4)

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.astroglide.com/
summer racing agenda
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 12:49:11 AM »
It was horrible.  Everyone got what they wanted including Doug - a complete disaster.
Stryker - "This isn't about you, Logan. Your country needs you."
Logan - "I'm Canadian."