Author Topic: receiver booster or volt protecter?  (Read 2185 times)

Offline gotnitro

• Forum Veteran
receiver booster or volt protecter?
« on: May 26, 2014, 11:16:59 PM »
I can remember the term for it but I melted it last night, so If I run all digital servo's do I  need this volt regulator because I run lipo in the car? or does some one have a extra one laying around?

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
Re: receiver booster or volt protecter?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 01:14:39 AM »
You need a regulator of you are running a Lipo with normal servos (not the high voltage type). You either need a regulator or buy a life battery. Some racers on rctech race normal servos with a Lipo and don't have an issue. You also need to know the input voltage for your receiver too. Sorry don't have a regulator, switched to HV servos, and run life cells.  If your in a pinch I could trade you my life battery for your Lipo.

Shawn

Offline gotnitro

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:59:01 AM »
 ;D silly me I found one from my air boat that I just need to see where I will fit in to the car

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:10:10 AM »
high voltage servos are perfectly fine opperating at 6 volts but make sure your rx is compatible with 7.4 volts obviously. then you dont need a regulator at all to run the rx and both servos. if your rx is incompatible, you could probably split your servo wires and directly power the servos but a bec is obviously a cleaner option. i have one if you need. as posted in your other thead.