Author Topic: "handout" motors  (Read 2141 times)

Offline FatDoug

• Forum Regular
"handout" motors
« on: September 16, 2016, 10:08:49 PM »
So i have been reading a few posts on rctech about stock hand out motors, and i was wondering how the club feels about them? i was thinking we could get 20-30 motors with locked end bell timing. Hand them out at random, if you win you take your motor out and throw it back into the pool and take a different one kinda deal. just to help level the playing field a bit and to get rid of the "motor of the month". i know i am one of the worse offenders on that front but i figure it would help bring the field closer together and make for closer racing and would make all of us focus more on cleaner driving.

Just a thought, let me know how you feel about something like this.

Doug Smith
"Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting."   Steve McQueen

Offline lpittman

• Forum Rookie
Re: "handout" motors
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:33:20 PM »
I love the idea.

However I don't think we have time to be swapping out motors between rounds - but what about between race weekends?  When you arrive you grab a random motor and throw it in the car.  Before you leave you take it outta the car and toss it back in the box.

I am confident I could get a bunch from ORCA at a very low cost too.

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
Re: "handout" motors
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 04:11:52 PM »
Can get brand new hobbywing justock motors for under $50 usd. Buy30 im surethey much cheaper. But im not sure this is a problem for our club racing so much....