Author Topic: 2014 Ready to Run Raceway (RRR) Summer Challenge Aug 9-10 Race & Enduro  (Read 14076 times)

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
Re: 2014 Ready to Run Raceway (RRR) Summer Challenge Enduro
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 09:01:11 PM »
?

A team will surely bring costs down though. Still, even with clubs muchmores I'd expect them belted by 30 minutes depending on who's driving. Nitro tires out of the box might last an hour.

I have 11 races  or 1 hour and 6 minute on my club tires and they still look fairly good.

Neil.
Xray T4 2013 Touring Stock - Xray T4 2013 VTA - Xray NT1 - CRC Gen-X10  - CRC GEN-X - CRC GEN-XI - Traxxas Slash 4X4 with LCG conversion - RC8Be  - Xray XB4  - DX3R-PRO
Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

Offline John

• Forum Rookie
  • Why can't we run Nitro indoors?
    • John's R/C Racing Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 05:03:46 AM »
Finalized Layout for 2014 RRR Race, (same info here as in original/first post above)

"2014 Ready to Run Raceway (RRR) Summer Challenge Aug 9-10 Race & Enduro"

Please preregister to johntsang@shaw.ca - this is CRUCIAL for food, and trophy numbers.

Schedule:

Friday, Aug 8

6PM Track Setup

Saturday, Aug 9 Trophy Race
9AM: Open practice and registration
11AM: Drivers meeting and controlled practice
11:30PM: 3 Rounds of Qualifying
4PM: Main Races, Single A-Mains for Electric, and 30(A), 15(B) mins for Nitro Touring
After: Open Track until dark for Enduro prep and practice

Sunday, Aug 10 Enduro
8AM: Open practice and registration
9:30AM: Drivers Meeting and controlled practice
10AM: 3 Hour Scale Spec Enduro
2PM: 3 Hour Touring Nitro
5PM: Trophy presentation and Tear down

[SIZE="5"]August 9th Trophy Race[/SIZE]

Classes: All classes listed will run with no minimum car count, bring your cars out!
Mini Fun Class
-18R: Standard 18R IROCC Rules
-Mini: Silvercan or ORCA Q BL System, Rubber Tires

Touring Scale Spec
VTA and Touring GT only, no sedans
silvercan(no 4 holes) or 21.5 BL Blinky open FDR, 1450g (FWD cars no minimum weight)
vta spec tires or any HPI D-compound tires.

Touring Stock
-17.5 ROAR approved motors, Blinky ESC, 7.4V LiPo
-32 shore Rubber tires, 1380g

World GT
-13.5 ROAR approved motors, Blinky ESC, 3.7V LiPo
-World GT body and Lilac World GT tires, 930g

Touring Modified
-Open motor and Open ESC, 7.4V LiPo
-32-36 shore Rubber tires, 1380g

Touring Nitro
-Any .12 engine
-Foam tires, 1675g
-Sedan bodies only

Pricing:
Racers from out of town pay only their First Class. No, Lower Mainland cities don't count.

$30 First Class
$10 Second Class
Free Additional Classes

[SIZE="5"]August 10th Enduro Race[/SIZE]

Basics:
Maximum 10 teams
Entry fee is per team.
At least 3 per team, recommended 4-5 per team.
One member from each team must be corner marshalling throughout the race.

One car per team(one electric one nitro if they want to stay the same teams)
No replacement cars allowed, you must fix the original chassis.
Any parts, electronics, motors, tires, engines are allowed to be swapped during the race.

Touring Stock Enduro - 3 Hours
- Chose 17.5 over 21.5, as there are a lot more used premounted slicks which wear slower than hpi d-compounds (FWD Touring cars no weight limit)

Touring Nitro Enduro - 3 Hours
- Get ready to burn some nitro!     ...and tires.  Mandatory throttle return springs and fail safe(THESE WILL BE TECH'd), receiver pack voltage test / change at half way.

Enduro Pricing:
$5 per racer from Saturday, $20 for new entries

The lot is the first entrance accessible when heading North on Russ Baker Way after you pass Gilbert. For now there is no access from Southbound as a security gate is closed from the campus on Friday evenings. If you look on google maps, we are the most south parking lot on the BCIT campus, and we run in the middle. The gate is open Saturday Mornings.

Trophies:

We've adopted IROCC's Every Racer gets a "trophy" theme, this applies to each of the two race events.

Food:
[/U]
We've had chinese food provided on the Saturdays in the previous years, we are currently planning again for this. There is also food within a 5 minute drive.

Hotels:
Rooms can be had for about 110 a night nearby.

A few searches have come up with decent prices. You can change the number of room occupants as well.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:13:44 PM by haddow »

Offline John

• Forum Rookie
    • John's R/C Racing Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 05:06:30 AM »
please check http://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene/824363-2014-ready-run-raceway-rrr-summer-challenge-aug-9-10-race-enduro.html for entries listing, as well as enduro team list.

Please pre-register guys!

I would love to see two or more teams from IROCC. Partial teams are OK - arrangements can always be made.

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
I would like to go to this race and be apart of one or both gas and electric enduro races.

So in the enduro races I would assume that the team members would share the cost of gas, tires and parts used in the race and I am game for that.

Neil.
Xray T4 2013 Touring Stock - Xray T4 2013 VTA - Xray NT1 - CRC Gen-X10  - CRC GEN-X - CRC GEN-XI - Traxxas Slash 4X4 with LCG conversion - RC8Be  - Xray XB4  - DX3R-PRO
Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
id like to go, but even if it was just a two day race it would be almost $200 with ferry, entries and hotel plus food. I could probably swing that but start throwing tires/fuel ect for the cars in and it could add up fairly quick.
family life has its limitations =( 2014 might not be my year to join the road trip crew.

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
Hi all,

I have updated the first post in the thread with all John's latest info.  I like the two-events-in-one approach.  A regular trophy race on Saturday, followed by an Enduro on Sunday.  Something for everyone!

Mario and Eddie managed to recruit KJ Jones from Portland Oregon to fly up to this event too.  He's a quick Nitro driver so it should be fun.

This is the list we have so far:

Blake
Daryl
John
Rob
Neil
Nick
Craig?

I can fit 5 people and gear in my van, and Daryl can fit 4-5 as well.  With four people in a vehicle, the ferry will be about $25 each way per person.  Accent Inn is $115 for the night if we book in advance.

Blake

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
i can't make it i have to go out of town for a week :P
Emaxx + parked car  don't mix..................

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
Do we all share one or two rooms? Ie bring a sleeping bag? If we can get one more, we can send two teams. Should be epic

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
Should be able to get two strong teams.  How's this look?

John
Blake
Neil
Nick

Daryl
Craig
Rob
? (Tom, Gerry, Glenn, Shawn, Brian?)

As for hotel, normally we do two people per room.  But, if you don't snore too loud, I have no problem with a 3rd person in my room to save a few bucks.  Nice thing is that it's just one night....

Blake
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 02:25:09 PM by Blake »

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
I'm really just fine bringing a sleeping bag and crashing on the floor if it saves some.money. though I guess it would only be like $60/ea that's fuel or tires for the difference! 

Offline John

• Forum Rookie
    • John's R/C Racing Blog
GoGo hobbies will be assisting the Nitro Enduro with a gallon or two of Byrons Fuel to be shared amongst the teams.  That helps a tad in fuel costs.

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
How much is he selling that for? Ill need.more fuel to compete on Saturday.

Offline John

• Forum Rookie
    • John's R/C Racing Blog
about $35-38 taxes in a gallon of 30% ProDriver (9% lube)

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
Should be able to get two strong teams.  How's this look?

John
Blake
Neil
Nick

Daryl
Craig
Rob
? (Tom, Gerry, Glenn, Shawn, Brian?)

As for hotel, normally we do two people per room.  But, if you don't snore too loud, I have no problem with a 3rd person in my room to save a few bucks.  Nice thing is that it's just one night....

Blake

Sounds good to me but I hope we can get the 8th person to have 2 equal numbered teams. Now for tires for touring electric, are we going to spend money on new tires or just use/shread up some old ones. I have several  sets of used tires and 3 sets of new Sweep 32 tires that are not even glued yet that can be used.

Are both teems going to run electric and nitro?

I am assuming that in each enduro race people will be rotating duties?

Neil.

Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
i probably wouldnt spend new tires on the electric enduro, definitely need them for nitro though.

im sure everyone on their respective team could plug their club tires as we get a new set this week. if you had wanted to run new tires for your trophy race then use them up in the enduro that would work too.
i could buy a set of those sweeps off you to run in van.