Author Topic: 2014 Ready to Run Raceway (RRR) Summer Challenge Aug 9-10 Race & Enduro  (Read 14075 times)

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
Sounds good to me but I hope we can get the 8th person to have 2 equal numbered teams. Now for tires for touring electric, are we going to spend money on new tires or just use/shread up some old ones. I have several  sets of used tires and 3 sets of new Sweep 32 tires that are not even glued yet that can be used.

Are both teems going to run electric and nitro?

I am assuming that in each enduro race people will be rotating duties?

Neil.

I'm down with using up older tires.  I have a few used sets if either of our teams is short on them.  I hope my team will run both Electric and Nitro.  And yeah, definitely rotating duties:  Driver, Marshal, Pitman

Blake

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
Sounds good to me but I hope we can get the 8th person to have 2 equal numbered teams. Now for tires for touring electric, are we going to spend money on new tires or just use/shread up some old ones. I have several  sets of used tires and 3 sets of new Sweep 32 tires that are not even glued yet that can be used.

Are both teems going to run electric and nitro?

I am assuming that in each enduro race people will be rotating duties?

Neil.

I'm down with using up older tires.  I have a few used sets if either of our teams is short on them.  I hope my team will run both Electric and Nitro.  And yeah, definitely rotating duties:  Driver, Marshal, Pitman

Blake

That is what I expected but I am a little bit nervous driving a nitro for the first time, a bit of practice would be nice.

Neil.
Xray T4 2013 Touring Stock - Xray T4 2013 VTA - Xray NT1 - CRC Gen-X10  - CRC GEN-X - CRC GEN-XI - Traxxas Slash 4X4 with LCG conversion - RC8Be  - Xray XB4  - DX3R-PRO
Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
you drive hot motors offroad, its not so bad, just blip the throttle to get some speed and let the car turn on its own. we will see to it you get plenty of practice.

Offline John

• Forum Rookie
  • Why can't we run Nitro indoors?
    • John's R/C Racing Blog
the enduro - its all about fun factor, dont stress too much about fuel / tires.  It'll all workout as long as you have a half decent car, with a half decent engine / motor :)   everyone has old tires laying around. I've got plenty of chunked tires that won't be trophy race worthy, but definitely ok for hours of racing :)

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
So just to confirm, we would get the first ferry on saturday?

Neil.
Xray T4 2013 Touring Stock - Xray T4 2013 VTA - Xray NT1 - CRC Gen-X10  - CRC GEN-X - CRC GEN-XI - Traxxas Slash 4X4 with LCG conversion - RC8Be  - Xray XB4  - DX3R-PRO
Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
So just to confirm, we would get the first ferry on saturday?

Neil.

Correct.

Blake

Offline John

• Forum Rookie
    • John's R/C Racing Blog
theres been a few requests for touring stock to be open 32-36 tires, same as the mod class.

a lot of leftover tires from this summer has been 32 and 36*

so we will make the touring stock tire spec the same as mod.

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
Well I just went through my used Touring tires that mostly came from Tom ( Thanks Tom! ) and I have 10 sets to be used by teem IROCC for the enduro race.

Neil.
Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran

OK, I have sent JohnT  my info for registration, so I am going. Nitro and 17.5.... 

Now to figure out this enduro thing..

Shawn.

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
Good luck!
Emaxx + parked car  don't mix..................

Offline John

• Forum Rookie
    • John's R/C Racing Blog
wow, we are looking good in terms of pre-regs.

If you havent already, please reply in this thread or send me an email with your pre-reg.  It helps with numbers count for food / awards.

Also, we are still awaiting your confirmed teams for irocc, if its a last minute thing for teams, just let me know the # of teams in electric and nitro. So far I have two irocc teams in electric and two in nitro.

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
Hey all,

After Sunday's discussions at the track, we are thinking that these will be our teams:

TEAM SIDNEY
Blake
Neil
Nick K
John B (Unconfirmed. Super Mario or Trevor Sandham could be a backup if John B is out)

Cars:
Nitro: Nick's NT1 + OS Engine.  John B's engine as backup.
Electric: Blake or Nick's SpecR S2.

TEAM LANGFORD
Craig
Daryl
Rob
Shawn

Cars:
Nitro: Craig's NT1 + Engine.  Shawn's engine as backup.
Electric: ?

Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Blake

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
Hi all,

I have reserved some rooms for us:

Accent Inn, Vancouver Airport (usual hotel for us)
August 9th, one night
6 rooms with 2 beds @ $109 plus tax s/d
Payment: Each room pays own room/tax
Guaranteed: Yes
Rooming list will be provided by August 1
Group #132679

Unfortunately due to the fact that these are the last two-bedded in the hotel we will not necessarily be on the ground floor or near each other.

This is what I have so far:

1. Rob/Irina
2. Blake/Daryl
3. Craig/JohnB (John unconfirmed)
4. Neil/Shawn/Nick
5. Avery (unconfirmed)
6. Anyone else?

Blake

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
if i go my family and i will make our own arrangements so you don't have to worry about a room for me.
Emaxx + parked car  don't mix..................

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
awww does that mean im on the floor after all? lol.