Author Topic: 12 th scale power supplies  (Read 8034 times)

Offline Spare_Parts

12 th scale power supplies
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2005, 05:42:02 PM »
However, what is not so commonly known is...

If you take your United Federations phazer Mark IV, and set it's power output to level 9.8 with the flux capacitor set to 50fc's and point it directly at the dilithium crystals, then while holding a steady beam for approximately 1 minute and 16 seconds you would reach maximum recharge capacity for the dilithium crystals, of course not forgetting to continually rotate the dilithium crystals while concentrating your beam on the lower 1/3 of the crystal cluster so as to ensure maximum saturation of your beam.

This would then offer the absolute best arrangement for power supply to the entire IROCC Club, giving each member potentially unlimited options for drawing whatever current was required to meet each induviduals needs.

Of course the use of dilithium crystals has really taken off in Europe and is just now slowly making it's way to us backward folk here in North America. One of the many well know advantages of course is that when running your charger at 13.8 or even 12 volts while charging a 4-cell pack, there is almost no detectable heat thus expanding the life span of your cells and allowing users double or triple the voltage on their chargers and charging at upto three times the normal 6 amps with your 3300's.

There's no longer a need to lower the input voltage by dropping the output of the power supply, or even using a dropping resistor to help keep your charger cool. That's just one of the many nice features about using the dilithium crystals.

Of course we would need to make sure we had enough of the ST-K9 leads and adaptors for all the members in the club.
pare Parts
(always needing - never enough)

Sponsored by: Emanon Consulting
MS Access DataBase design & development

Offline Spare_Parts

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 05:51:37 PM »
In other words...
It's all greek to me baby!
<grin>

Don't I just want a wall plug for my charger?

Maybe before I get started in 1/12th racing I should take an electronics course??

Just let me know where to plug in my little charger.  I'll have a hard enough time keeping my car off the boards.  In fact I may just use my batteries from Radio Shack!  They'll probly last longer than the car, by the time I pick up all my broken car pieces off the track.

Maybe there's a foam body I can use.  Not so fast but oh so much safer!
<grin>
pare Parts
(always needing - never enough)

Sponsored by: Emanon Consulting
MS Access DataBase design & development

Offline SgRddY

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 08:39:36 PM »
you are right tom.  the max output on my ps is 1500W.  14V@80A and 28V@8.6A with dual input power 115V@30A and 230V@15A

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://abc123.dowco.com/~tom/rc
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005, 09:28:20 PM »
Quote from: "SgRddY"
you are right tom.  the max output on my ps is 1500W.  14V@80A and 28V@8.6A with dual input power 115V@30A and 230V@15A

Still sounds strange to me; standard wall plugs are on 15A circuits, not 30A circuits.  And, 30A at 115V is 3450W; over twice the rating on your power supply.

It sounds to me like you've got a 12-volt adjustable 80 amp supply (the same specs. as my Lambda), that might have dual inputs, and a higher voltage tap.  Other than it being a high power supply like mine, it doesn't sound all that exciting.

If you bring it out and have a way for a bunch of people to hook up, it will definatley ease the power problems a bunch of people will be having.

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.astroglide.com/
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2005, 10:39:59 PM »
30A 115V is a common circuit.  My dad has a few in his workshop.  I think some stove/ovens also run on a 30A circuit as well...
Stryker - "This isn't about you, Logan. Your country needs you."
Logan - "I'm Canadian."

Offline SgRddY

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2005, 10:55:06 PM »
i was reading it off the the power supply, i don't know what to make sense of it. and yes, i have seen 115V@30A.  oh well, i'll bring it to the indoor races.

Offline RC51

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.t-bang.ca
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 10:32:10 PM »
Hi, RYY.

PM Sent several times but you keep dropping out of my sent box when I check.

Phil