Author Topic: Newbie with HPI RS4 SPORT 3  (Read 6346 times)

Offline Himdall

Newbie with HPI RS4 SPORT 3
« on: July 16, 2016, 11:47:50 AM »
Good day,
I'm a newbie, I own mainly off-road car and I've been offered a very good for an HPI RS4 SPORT 3  FLUX 1/10 scale and I would like to know under what category it falls and if you are racing those onroad categorie, I got it at cost price because the store had it on tablet for very long time and I'm a good client so he gave it to at cost price and I would love to race it if possible :)

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
Re: Newbie with HPI RS4 SPORT 3
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 01:20:34 PM »
Is this the one?
http://hpiracing.world/en/kit/114350

You can for sure race that with the club. I'm not sure what electronics it would have come with, you may have to change out the motor to fit within the class rules eventually if you decide to race on a regular basis. But I'm sure it'll be fine to run for a while. And not sure about your tires, again something you may look into upgrading if you decide you want to race more often.   I'm sure someone has a used motor and tires for a good deal if you decide to change them out later.

Bring it out on Sunday and see how it does!
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 customworks direct drive sprint. 
1/10 kyosho optima mid se
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline Himdall

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 01:44:47 PM »
Hi thanks, it will be next month I will be in Victoria toward the end of month 16 August more precisely, we are moving there as for the electronics it come with a
MMH Flux-4000kv
http://hpiracing.world/en/part/112850
and
the EMH Flux-3s speed controller, \
http://hpiracing.world/en/part/112851
the servo is not the best so probably the first thing I will change, probably put an ORION like I got in my Off-Road, The car right now is fully stock.
is the motor and speed controller are okay if not what do you suggest? also what are you suggestion for tires?

I'm equipped to the teeth on off road with lots of spare parts for all my vehicule but I never did onroad before and I will greatly appreciate all input you guys  have!

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 02:48:33 PM »
We have had a few people out with those kinds of cars. Bring it out by all means. I wouldnt start spending money on it wih the state of hpi. Part of the reason you likely got it for cost was hpi basically not existing anymore. Getting parts might be difficult. Not to say they arent out there, just be careful.
Run it as it is, dont hit stuff and get a feel for onroad. If you like it, there are other competition cars within the club for sale quite often.
Welcome!

Offline Himdall

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 05:08:54 PM »
Okay thanks,
yeah I know the state of HPI, TRAXXAS bought them, I think it's just a question of time before HPI is getting back on the market, actually I had bought a HPI JUMPSHOT but this new model of sct from HPI has been push back and my friend at the store had this one on tablets for months and he was preparing to send it back and instead credit me the jumpshot and I had to pay only 60$ than what the jumpshot was! He leave me the HPI for 360$ which I think is a fairly good price, I'm confident that Traxxas will flood the market with spare parts well hopefully :) will stay positive on it!

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 05:45:42 PM »
ill assume it was an RTR? battery and slow charger included? awesome price for sure then. if you had offroad collection, you could use the radio/charger/2s batteries you had for that ect as well if the stock hpi wasn't up to standard. those cars aren't really made to race but definitely bring it out and have some fun with it.
our outdoor track is pretty easy on cars if you can keep it off the curb on the outside of the straight.
if traxxas continues to support the hpi platforms with parts, that car could potentially last forever hah. but don't go crazy buying any hopups ect. keep a couple of spare parts in case you meet with the curbs, but don't go buying alloy this or that.

none of us are really going to care what tires you run as long as they are rubber, what body the car has as long as it looks like an onroad car, the motor doesn't REALLY matter as modern 17.5s are pretty ridiculous in their power. the only real stipulation is that you use 2s lipo batteries that are safe. preferably with a hard case to them. some people prob don't run them for dicking around at club racing, but it IS technically a rule to do so.

there hasn't really been any talk about playing this sunday..but next week is rock the shores.... who wanted to go out for a few hours?

Offline Himdall

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »
Cool thanks for the info, yes I have a pretty good setup for my off road, all my batterie are hard case 2s lipo, I don't see the point to run my stuff on 3s lipo anyway, tires are rubber, the body is the porche 911 body well the RTR kit for my off road they are on futaba 4pls they all have RC4 Hybrid mylap, anyway it's good to know all the info :)

Offline chrism

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 06:40:13 PM »
I believe there is racing Sunday

ill assume it was an RTR? battery and slow charger included? awesome price for sure then. if you had offroad collection, you could use the radio/charger/2s batteries you had for that ect as well if the stock hpi wasn't up to standard. those cars aren't really made to race but definitely bring it out and have some fun with it.
our outdoor track is pretty easy on cars if you can keep it off the curb on the outside of the straight.
if traxxas continues to support the hpi platforms with parts, that car could potentially last forever hah. but don't go crazy buying any hopups ect. keep a couple of spare parts in case you meet with the curbs, but don't go buying alloy this or that.

none of us are really going to care what tires you run as long as they are rubber, what body the car has as long as it looks like an onroad car, the motor doesn't REALLY matter as modern 17.5s are pretty ridiculous in their power. the only real stipulation is that you use 2s lipo batteries that are safe. preferably with a hard case to them. some people prob don't run them for dicking around at club racing, but it IS technically a rule to do so.

there hasn't really been any talk about playing this sunday..but next week is rock the shores.... who wanted to go out for a few hours?

Offline Himdall

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 06:56:24 PM »
end of August I'll be there, I start my move on the 16 of August

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 09:17:22 PM »
you will want to start considering 12th scale around that time. I think there are lots of used cars out there. might get a couple new ones myself and id have two to sell.

Offline Himdall

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 11:24:16 PM »
I'll have to stick with the 1/10 for now as I already have 3 Off-road for racing already and I can't buy more car right now, so I'm gonna stick with 1/10 and anyway I won't put it to work before being in BC

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 11:40:09 PM »
you will want to start considering 12th scale around that time. I think there are lots of used cars out there. might get a couple new ones myself and id have two to sell.

We do race 1/10th touring stock indoors in the winter.

Neil.
Xray T4 2013 Touring Stock - Xray T4 2013 VTA - Xray NT1 - CRC Gen-X10  - CRC GEN-X - CRC GEN-XI - Traxxas Slash 4X4 with LCG conversion - RC8Be  - Xray XB4  - DX3R-PRO
Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

Offline Himdall

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 11:54:06 PM »
cool thanks, I think the right size motor will be 17.5T for stock?

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 11:55:21 PM »
cool thanks, I think the right size motor will be 17.5T for stock?

Correct. 17.5, no esc timing boost
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 customworks direct drive sprint. 
1/10 kyosho optima mid se
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline Himdall

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 11:58:01 PM »
Great, therefore I have to turn off the boost timing on the ESC, is that correct?