Racing Topics > Nitro Racing

Nitro motor after 2 enduros

(1/2) > >>

BCbud:
Well my motor did not do well in the 2nd enduro. After taking it apart the cylinder and piston are scored and there is some debris on the top of the piston and on the cylinder head. So I am going to give it a complete overhaul with bearings, piston and sleeve, con rod and wrist pin. I hope this will last a while only needing a couple of con rods to keep it going. This means I will not be running nitro for a while. :-[ :'( :-\

Neil.

Blake:

--- Quote from: BCbud on August 07, 2015, 12:11:43 AM ---Well my motor did not do well in the 2nd enduro. After taking it apart the cylinder and piston are scored and there is some debris on the top of the piston and on the cylinder head. So I am going to give it a complete overhaul with bearings, piston and sleeve, con rod and wrist pin. I hope this will last a while only needing a couple of con rods to keep it going. This means I will not be running nitro for a while. :-[ :'( :-\

Neil.

--- End quote ---

Hey Neil,

I've got a spare you can use for the remaining races this summer if you want.  I know you're not around this Sunday, but I'll bring it the following Sunday and we can get it setup in your car.

PS.  It may be cheaper to buy a new motor than replace the P/S/R, bearings, and wrist pin.  I'm not sure about OS parts, but my statement is definitely true for Novarossi parts.

Blake

BCbud:

--- Quote from: Blake on August 07, 2015, 12:59:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: BCbud on August 07, 2015, 12:11:43 AM ---Well my motor did not do well in the 2nd enduro. After taking it apart the cylinder and piston are scored and there is some debris on the top of the piston and on the cylinder head. So I am going to give it a complete overhaul with bearings, piston and sleeve, con rod and wrist pin. I hope this will last a while only needing a couple of con rods to keep it going. This means I will not be running nitro for a while. :-[ :'( :-\

Neil.

--- End quote ---

Hey Neil,

I've got a spare you can use for the remaining races this summer if you want.  I know you're not around this Sunday, but I'll bring it the following Sunday and we can get it setup in your car.

PS.  It may be cheaper to buy a new motor than replace the P/S/R, bearings, and wrist pin.  I'm not sure about OS parts, but my statement is definitely true for Novarossi parts.

Blake

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the offer Blake but I think I will let the nitro car rest until the parts arrive. I had the bearings, rod and pin so it was buy the sleeve and piston or let these parts go unused or sell them.

Neil.

valk:
If you have any extra bearings ect you want to sell I'd be interested. I had a new front bearing but really need a rear one.
If you had an extra rod that would be awesome too.

BCbud:

--- Quote from: valk on August 13, 2015, 12:18:25 PM ---If you have any extra bearings ect you want to sell I'd be interested. I had a new front bearing but really need a rear one.
If you had an extra rod that would be awesome too.

--- End quote ---

Nothing to sell as I am rebuilding the motor and will be keeping the parts I have.

Neil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version