Author Topic: Tekin RS Pro doesn't like DSMR receiver?  (Read 3418 times)

Offline ColinB

• Forum Regular
Tekin RS Pro doesn't like DSMR receiver?
« on: January 11, 2019, 12:25:44 PM »
In testing my new to me touring car, I noticed the throttle seemed to be cutting out. Parts are: Newish Spektrum DX4C radio, SR410 DSMR (brand new) receiver, definitely not new Tekin RS Pro, not sure of motor.

On the bench at low throttle, motor cuts out for a split second every 3-4 seconds. Swapped in a DSM receiver, I think a SR3000, and the issue goes away. Strange, eh? Any thoughts on why? I'd like to find out if I have a setting wrong.

- Car was working fine on the previous owners radio and receiver, so I think the issue is my newer receiver, my radio, or my mistake.
- I calibrated the esc after binding each receiver. Steering seems fine. Plugged servo into throttle channel, seems fine. (Thought the throttle pot might be jumpy on my radio.)
- I didn't "factory reset" the RS Pro.

If I do factory reset it, should I set the low voltage cutoff to "off" for racing?
Anyone have a Tekin Hotwire interface cable?

Thanks for any advice.
Colin

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
Re: Tekin RS Pro doesn't like DSMR receiver?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 07:31:39 PM »
You try a capacitor plugged into the Rx?

Offline ColinB

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 01:11:32 PM »
Hi Shawn, the esc has a capacitor soldered directly to the battery terminals. At the time I assumed it was the same thing, but I suppose it isn't quite. I'll try adding one.

Colin

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 05:04:27 PM »
He means a capacitor plugged into the receiver as sometimes the servo draws too much power for the bec to supply without ripples. Also known as glitch buster.
Make sure your radio is set up to 100%epas and recalibrate the esc to the receiver you are using.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dLwo09t5EZA