Author Topic: Best class/car options for new racer  (Read 2646 times)

Offline deherle

Best class/car options for new racer
« on: June 22, 2020, 08:48:23 PM »
Hi,

I raced RC cars as a kid and it looks like my 13-year old son is keen to do the same.

Just wondering what class/car option would work best for him, both in summer and winter seasons? We watched tune up this past Sunday and it looked like popular cars out there seem to be 1/10 Touring Cars, 1/10 Nitro Touring Cars and 1/10 off road. Just wondering where the most fun/competition might be with a cohort his age/skill level.

Thanks!

Darin

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Best class/car options for new racer
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 03:56:51 PM »
Hi,

I raced RC cars as a kid and it looks like my 13-year old son is keen to do the same.

Just wondering what class/car option would work best for him, both in summer and winter seasons? We watched tune up this past Sunday and it looked like popular cars out there seem to be 1/10 Touring Cars, 1/10 Nitro Touring Cars and 1/10 off road. Just wondering where the most fun/competition might be with a cohort his age/skill level.

Thanks!

Darin

Hi Darin,

A 10th Scale Touring Car will be most versatile as you can run it in summer and winter seasons.  It's our biggest class in the summer and also has a strong following in the winter.  I would definitely recommend that route to get started.

Our club has a loaner touring car that you can try this Sunday if you like.  It's not in the best shape but it would give you and your son a bit of an idea of what they're like.  If you decide you want to move forward, we can suggest some places to look for used cars, and give recommendations on car brands and supporting equipment etc.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Hope to see you at the track soon!

Blake

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
Re: Best class/car options for new racer
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 10:46:08 PM »
I have some spec r parts I could donate to the club car.

I'll see what I have around
Emaxx + parked car  don't mix..................