Author Topic: Shamrock AFTERMATH...  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.astroglide.com/
Shamrock AFTERMATH...
« on: August 23, 2005, 01:07:24 AM »
I think we were a screaming sucess tonight.  I had a blast snaking around out there even after I busted :)  I think it would have been a lot less stuff broken if we did manage to race BUT overall the effect was just as good.  Lots of oohhss and ahhhs... I had people hanging over the rails as we went back in asking about the cars.

Just as we were leaving the building a guy tapped me on the shoulder.  He's the Manager of Business Development for the Victoria Salsa and said he would love for us to come out and do the same thing for the Salsa but wasn't sure if it was possible on the ice.  Blake I have his business card for you if you want to get in contact with him.

Anyhow awesome exposure for the club and for those who survived (and some of us who didn't) had a blast messing around out there.
Stryker - "This isn't about you, Logan. Your country needs you."
Logan - "I'm Canadian."

Offline kukkiyukkuk

• Forum Regular
Shamrock AFTERMATH...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 02:19:41 AM »
Yea shamrocks intermission night was wicked...... Was starting to get good at drifting too lol got close to liek 30 ft drifts and I SCORED!!!!!! lol clipped blakes bumper and spuns several times into the net.  Seemed liek a great success most ppl stayed and watched very few left their seats like usual so we had close to thefull house.  Hopefully we can do it again sometime it was a blast.

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
Shamrock AFTERMATH...
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 12:54:04 PM »
Thanks to all who came out for the show last night:

Blake, Brian B, Chris A, Cody, Craig, Geoff, Jarrod, Joe, Keith, Kurk, Mike A, Nick N, Ryan, Shane, Shaye, Tom, Tyler

It was a lot of fun out there and the crowd definitely seemed to be watching.  I heard a lot of comments about the "blue car and the red car playing tag out there".  So, Mike and Tom, good job!  I had a few friends in the audience as well and they all reported back very positive reviews.  Evelyn Rhode (the person who set the whole thing up) was also very impressed and asked if we'd want to do it again sometime.  It'd be nice if we could find a little more traction and really build up some speed but oh well.

My tenant was at the game and he told me when I got home that we left a dot at center ice!  Apparently no one noticed until the referee was about to drop the ball for the start of the 3rd period.  He bent down to drop the ball and then he noticed the dot!  So, anyway, apparently they took the dot over to the penalty box.  I have no idea how to get it back so I'll call Evelyn and let her know what happened I guess.

Anyway, good job everyone!

Blake

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://abc123.dowco.com/~tom/rc
Shamrock AFTERMATH...
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 01:06:23 PM »
I've got the dot.

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.astroglide.com/
Shamrock AFTERMATH...
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 02:35:11 PM »
Yea I think our exposure was pretty wide spread.  People from work saw me there and asked about the cars today at work, etc.  

Now we'll have to figure out how to run on the ice for a Salsa demo :)  I figure if we get out before the Zamboni we wouldn't have to worry about water...
Stryker - "This isn't about you, Logan. Your country needs you."
Logan - "I'm Canadian."

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
Shamrock AFTERMATH...
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 09:01:11 PM »
i finally got the hang of drifting after about a minute, but my car wouldnt go down the straight, IT WAS A BLAST. what happened to runing the track the rite way.lol i was doin the track the way we planed in the dreesing room and i herd someone say go. and then there where 7 cars goin past me in the oposite direction, haha so i did a donut adn took of in persute.
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 customworks direct drive sprint. 
1/10 kyosho optima mid se
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline Mikemuncher

• Forum Rookie
Shamrock AFTERMATH...
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 10:34:20 PM »
That was QUITE the "Demo-nstration"! As for playing tag, Tom is still "It".
Perhaps for the next time I will re-assemble my old Z-10 pro as it may serve better as an exhibition beater....possibly a stunt car?...... :twisted:

Just think....HUGE ramp, expolsions with balls of FIRRRRRRE!!!!!!!