Author Topic: Argh so frustrating....  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.astroglide.com/
Argh so frustrating....
« on: January 11, 2006, 10:58:32 AM »
I noticed the Shaver shop doesn't take parts back anymore.  Just another frustration to add to the list.  There has been quite a few times I've picked up a part that isn't the right part but I can Mickey Mouse it in to keep me racing for the day, the part is suppose to fit, etc, etc.  Being able to buy a part and take it back lets me pick up a part while I'm downtown without having to make multiple trips.

I understand you need to make a certain profit margin, pay for staffing and rent, etc, etc.  I don't mind paying a LITTLE extra for local service but when we are paying $30 for a $20 item elsewhere, etc its making it more and more difficult to make any significant purchases at the Shaver shop.  There are a lot of retail locations that survive off of 10% markup or less.  Don't get me wrong - some of the stuff is reasonably priced but you do need to shop around.  I think the Take-off tires are reasonably priced but if you look and any other wheel or tire its up to 50% more than a lot of other places.  Servos are up to 50% more in a lot of cases.

Jeff and Dave are great guys and very helpful - that and the convenience is why I go to the Shaver Shop - otherwise I'd rather spend what little I have elsewhere....  argh...  OK, I've vented...
Stryker - "This isn't about you, Logan. Your country needs you."
Logan - "I'm Canadian."

Offline cyrrus

• Forum Veteran
Argh so frustrating....
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 01:08:19 PM »
well said,  I know alot of people  feel the same.  man just typed to much and erased it all.  In any case Point well said Kurk.
ood grief I think I lost my....
. one turn at a time, but what do I have to do on the straight's again.

for a cool display option press alt+(f4)

Offline haddow

• ayatollah of rock and rolla
  • Forum Veteran
    • Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
Argh so frustrating....
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 03:32:18 PM »
Hey save yourself the grief and order stuff online. I use Great hobbies even for 5 dollar parts now, it is 25-100% cheaper than the LHS and it usually takes 2-3 days to get stuff which is also much much much much much much quicker than the LHS if the LHS doesnt have it in stock.

I was tired of paying 10 bucks for a 5 dollar part and 200 bucks for a 125 dollar part.  Sorry LHS but your pricing and time for ordering stuff is so brutal I usually go elsewhere. Kudos to Dave and Jeff you guys do a great job too bad you dont run the place as well. Price mark-ups based on a formula regardless of retail doesnt wash in my book, if it is above retail then it is too much.

Both of these links are to stores in canada, these arent just mail order places they are actually hobby shops (since I hear that as an argument for the high prices at the LHS). No PST and quick cheap shipping. I also hear that beacuse we live on an island it costs more, well one of these places in on Prince Edward Island.!!

http://www.greathobbies.com/

http://www.hobbywholesale.com/
Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
https://www.facebook.com/drspeeddesigns/

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
Argh so frustrating....
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 06:46:50 PM »
ive ended up going to ebay  even with the exchange and the shipping, plus for most things, its faster,
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 customworks direct drive sprint. 
1/10 kyosho optima mid se
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline cyrrus

• Forum Veteran
Argh so frustrating....
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 12:01:57 AM »
I know I 'm search of a power supply.  I found one for 70 and it's rated at 20 amps.  found it at a shop in Calgary.   Also as  Haddow mention no Pst.   I felt that our LHS is over priced and in a not so convient location.

I've also contemplating on starting another shop in Vic.  Just no time. and Not enough exp.
ood grief I think I lost my....
. one turn at a time, but what do I have to do on the straight's again.

for a cool display option press alt+(f4)