Author Topic: cleaning pipes?  (Read 2226 times)

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
cleaning pipes?
« on: July 23, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »
What has worked for you guys to clean the baked on mess from your pipe?

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
Re: cleaning pipes?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 09:19:29 PM »
What has worked for you guys to clean the baked on mess from your pipe?

Boiling antifreeze works.....   I tried the MEC bicycle chain degreaser, and it worked "ok". didn't get everything.   I am thinking of trying Armour All Wheel and Rim cleaner.. It smells just like oven cleaner, but comes in a pump spray bottle, not the aerosol.

Once its clean, you can spray it with high temp dry spray film. (Basicly a  Teflon coating), and it prevents the build up.

Shawn.

Offline gotnitro

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 11:51:20 PM »
old nitro fuel works really good soak it for a while and it will come off and do it a few times till it works to your satisfaction. ps. oven cleaner ate my pipe when i tried it a long time ago.. looled like swiss cheese after a few days.lol

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 01:00:24 AM »
ill try nitro fuel. i have some old 30.. sure worked for paint lol.

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 06:21:37 PM »

Tried the ArmourAll Wheel/Rim cleaner today (Foaming action!)    Took 3 applications of the cleaner and most (90%?) came off the pipe. I did use alittle  steel wool to rub some of the crap off though. Real lightly, the cleaner did most of the work.   Nice thing is this stuff is aluminum safe! so no swiss cheese pipes.   Took a total of 10minutes.   Could probably go a lot quicker if part of your weekly maintenance...
Shawn

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 06:57:18 PM »
This pipe will definitely need a polish to bring it back. Brand new os pipe and only a few race days have baked my tires onto it very well ha.

Ps. Unrelated topic... How about nitro spec to bring noobs in? Its fast enough to be exciting but prob not so much to hurt someone ha.
All the rtr electrics are catered to modified but this would at least fit in with our class structure

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_44_45_2635/products_id/223126/n/Team-Magic-G4JR-1-10-RTR-Nitro-Touring-Car-w-HARD-24GHz-Radio

Really cant beat that price for an onroad car. Nitro or electric.

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 09:25:33 PM »
This pipe will definitely need a polish to bring it back. Brand new os pipe and only a few race days have baked my tires onto it very well ha.

Ps. Unrelated topic... How about nitro spec to bring noobs in? Its fast enough to be exciting but prob not so much to hurt someone ha.
All the rtr electrics are catered to modified but this would at least fit in with our class structure

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_44_45_2635/products_id/223126/n/Team-Magic-G4JR-1-10-RTR-Nitro-Touring-Car-w-HARD-24GHz-Radio

Really cant beat that price for an onroad car. Nitro or electric.

Under $400 ready to run nitro.. That makes nitro cheaper then electric!   To bad they don't come with a pit person or a corner marshal in the box!

Shawn.