Author Topic: Fall Racing 2020  (Read 12472 times)

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
Fall Racing 2020
« on: September 15, 2020, 07:01:49 PM »
IROCC Fall 2020 Race Season Information:

Welcome to IROCC's Fall 2020 Carpet Season.

Dates in 2020 (Saturday evenings):
Oct 10
Oct 24
Nov 7
Nov 21
Dec 5
Dec 19
... 2021 dates TBA

1089 Langford Pkwy, Victoria, BC V9B 0A5

Race Night Program:
4:00PM Doors open for track setup
4:45PM Practice
5:45PM Q1
6:45PM Q2
7:45PM Q3
8:45PM Mains
9:45PM Track teardown

Race Classes:
Touring Stock 21.5
12th Scale Stock 17.5
Novice

Race Fees:
Adult $30 flat fee
Child/Student $10 flat fee

Track:
100' x 48' CRC Black Carpet

Notes:
The building is very large with lots of room to spread out
Tables provided but must be sanitized after use
Chairs NOT provided
Bring an extension cord

Blake

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://abc123.dowco.com/~tom/rc
Re: Fall Racing 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 12:18:30 PM »
Awesome!

What chassis is Novice?

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 01:20:30 PM »
Awesome!

What chassis is Novice?

The Novice class is listed there to try to encourage new people that might otherwise be too timid.  It will be handled on a case-by-case basis and may simply run in the lower TC class.  Any onroad type chassis/body of appropriate scale would be fine.

Blake

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 02:35:25 PM »
Carpet Racing Clinic Sunday October 4th

IROCC will be hosting a carpet racing clinic on Sunday October 4th, 10:00am at the outdoor track parking lot.

This clinic will be an opportunity for newer onroad racers to learn a few important tricks for racing on carpet this Fall.  The clinic will run about one hour and will cover topics such as:

• Tire preparation and tuning
  • Body preparation
  • Setup and driving
  • 12th Scale racing
  • Other topics as requested

Bring your car, body, and carpet tires to the session.  There will be some carpet tires available for purchase for those still looking for some.

See you there,
Blake

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 03:20:15 PM »
Tip 1: don't hit the walls

Lol
Emaxx + parked car  don't mix..................

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 06:21:23 PM »
Important Announcements For Saturday

This Saturday (Oct 10) is our first race of the indoor carpet season.  Please read these three items:

• Help Needed!  We need help loading up the track equipment from its current storage location.  Local racers, please meet us at Our Lady Of The Rosary Church in Langford at 2:00pm on Saturday to assist.  The address is: 798 Goldstream Ave

• Tables!  The new venue has some tables for our use, but not enough to cover everyone.  If you have a folding table, you probably want to bring it along for the first night at least.  You MUST bring your own chair.

• Race Fee Pre-Payment!  If you have not already pre-paid for the first race night, please take care of that now.  Message me privately for details.

Thanks,
Blake

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 05:01:01 PM »
On The Sound Of The Tone....

As we all get ready for Saturday evening's season opener race, here are a few important notes:

• Track setup starts at 4:00pm and all racers are expected to help as usual (reasonable exceptions are fine).

• Track setup will be slow as we learn the new venue and as new club members learn the ropes.  The second race night will go MUCH quicker for setup.

• SXT is the only permitted traction compound on the club carpet.  We will have some onsite.  Wet tires MUST be wiped with a cloth before the car hits the track.

• We will run an extended practice session at the start of the evening to give everyone a chance to get up to speed.

• We will be collecting race fees for the second race night.

Thanks,
Blake

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 06:49:02 PM »
An Opening Night Like No Other
October 10th saw IROCC kick off its 2020 indoor carpet season.  It was bittersweet as it marked the one year anniversary of the passing of our friend and fellow racer Jody.  Personally, thinking about him throughout the evening helped me get through a difficult night.  Imagining him laughing at the debacle that was the pit area setup kept me smiling!

Big thanks to all the racers that attended, from near and far, some of which were running on black carpet for the first time.  I was very impressed with how quickly racers learned the new surface.

Next Race: Saturday Oct 24
The next race is in two weeks, on Saturday October 24th.  The pit setup and track setup will go much quicker and we will be running a full three rounds of qualifying and mains.

Oct 10 Results
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eCgGO_-PwecA3d12ZgFxhOLvAP-Lg3oe

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 05:01:18 PM »
I will be there!

hope to see y'all there as well

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 04:50:40 PM »
Important Information For Saturday

This Saturday (Oct 24) is our next indoor carpet race.  Please read these four items:

• Masks.  The facility has mandated that we wear face masks whenever we cannot physically distance by 6' (2m).  Please bring a mask to wear on the drivers stand.  Some disposable masks will be available onsite.

• Tables.  The facility has some tables for our use, but not enough for everyone.  Please bring your folding tables and chairs.

• Front Doors.  Park up front as we will be entering and exiting through the main entrance.  The side doors are off limits.

• Drivers Meeting 3:45pm.  We will hold a drivers meeting outside at 3:45pm before we enter the building.  Please attend if at all possible.  Track setup starts at 4:00pm and all racers are expected to help as usual (reasonable exceptions are fine).

Thanks,
Blake

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 02:21:37 AM »
Anybody got a old 12th scale body I could use for the day? I somehow totally forgot to buy one.

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 10:03:20 AM »
Anybody got a old 12th scale body I could use for the day? I somehow totally forgot to buy one.

I can sell you one for $20.

Shawn.

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 02:30:18 AM »
Is it used? If so, if it's in good shape than sure I'll take it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 02:33:49 AM by A.l.b. »

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 06:52:53 PM »
Great Club Race!
Thanks to all the local and travelling racers who joined us yesterday!  We had our best indoor turnout we've seen in a long time!

Track setup and teardown were both very good with everyone helping out and working together efficiently.  We enjoyed lots of good racing throughout the night and I noticed a little more controlled driving from everyone compared to the first night.

We kicked off our informal 5-race points series which will wrap up just before Christmas.  Three of five races will count, and it's just for fun and bragging rights with your friends.

Next Race Saturday, Nov 7th
The next race is Saturday November 7th.  If you are local to Victoria then please do your best to get your payment submitted in advance.

Results
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1As-6_tSQlnTajDuHyy5qKd2qxv3Ab4oA

Thanks,
Blake
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 07:05:11 PM by Blake »

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 07:06:52 PM »
PS. Sorry Thomas.
PPS. You're welcome Craig.