Author Topic: Anyone seen this before  (Read 3259 times)

Offline lomar15

• Forum Rookie
Anyone seen this before
« on: February 16, 2016, 03:55:06 AM »
While trying to set up my CRC Xi from a horrible handling issue I found this. I had a 1.5mm difference from one side to the other on the front axle height. Thought the chassis was tweaked at first. The steering blocks are different heights from one side to the other. They both came from the same package. One side has the 1/8" axle hex on the vertical hex points and the other has the vertical on the flats. Unsure if one side is for another application or just a miss-made part. Hopefully it will handle better now.lol

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
Re: Anyone seen this before
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:11:51 AM »
Difficult to see in the pics but maybe your droop is off on one side? You can loosten the gub screws holding the kingpins and adjust both kingpins until about 0.5mm space is between the steering block and kingping pivot ball on lower arm when the car is at rest.
The kingpins do move if crashes so check it often.

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 01:04:28 PM »
Yeah, hard to see the height difference in the picture.  Bob and I talked about this yesterday and it did sound like one of the blocks was different from the other though, with respect to the axle height.  Would be interesting to see them in person.

It is weird that they didn't position the "hex" the same on the left and right sides....  I checked a new packaged yesterday and the hexes are consistent to this picture, with the left and right slightly different.  Obviously that little detail won't affect anything important though.

Blake

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 02:03:57 PM »
I had thought maybe 1/10 parts were used but didnt mention it. Not sure if the 1/10 steering blocks are different but he kindlgpins are.
Ill be at the track tonight if i can be of any help.