Author Topic: The Great Pro10/World GT Debate!  (Read 32916 times)

Offline Tonia

• Forum Rookie
Re: The Great Pro10/World GT Debate!
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2010, 03:05:16 AM »
Im buying a wgt car on fri and am excited to see where you guys get to with this.A couple of guys in the Nanaimo club are also very interested.

Shawn hit the nail on the head if you want more people interested entry level racing the initial set up has to be cheeper than $1000. Also Daryl comented on closer racing being more fun,I coudnt agree more. Speaking from experience we have had over 60 new racers in the 3 years we have been operating. All of them started with the $200 amazingly indistructable team ass 18r. We (Tonia, Jamie,Matt, and many others)owe our expedited racing abillities to this little car they handle well enough to drive agresivly on asphaut ,our first season was on the parking lot in front of the shop.They dont break and have a non ajustable nuetral set up,very important for new guys.The parts are super cheap an anual parts budget would be less than $20.It is also a great second class for anyone.Anyway this was sounding like you want more racers and weather its 18r or tamiya mini I think this would promote more numbers than the 10.5 /1s , 13.5/ 2s or 17.5... argument.

just what I thaught
Matt @NRC support your LHS

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2010, 05:54:26 PM »
As one of the drivers that is always 5 or so laps behind and always having to pull over when the faster guys go by I would love to see the class slow down, run WGT per say, I would be able to concentrate more on my driving. as it stands right now I am ready to shelve the thing for the rest of the year. it just isn't any fun, and lets face it that's why I am there to begin with.Just like Phil that's my 2 cents worth
Don

Don I agree with you. But we will still be a few laps behind like in 1/12 scale last year there would be about 4/5  laps from the A-main to the C/D Mains the fast guys will always be fast no mater what is used for power.
Its the driving skills that keep them fast not the motor/battery.

Do you think a 1/12th scall 8 minute race on carpet and a 1/10th scale 5 minute race on pavment is a good comparison?

But the racing would be closer for drivers that normally race in the same heats

I would like to see a Spec class here but maybe with the 17.5 and 2 cell then there is no need for the boosters 

LRP is now making a ESC witha  low voltage boster internal. How long do you think it will take others to do the same?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_221_1357/products_id/183099/n/LRP-SXX-Version-2-Competition-Brushless-ESC

Gorden
Xray T4 2013 Touring Stock - Xray T4 2013 VTA - Xray NT1 - CRC Gen-X10  - CRC GEN-X - CRC GEN-XI - Traxxas Slash 4X4 with LCG conversion - RC8Be  - Xray XB4  - DX3R-PRO
Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2010, 05:56:57 PM »
That post did not work like I thought but I hope you can see where I made my comments.
Xray T4 2013 Touring Stock - Xray T4 2013 VTA - Xray NT1 - CRC Gen-X10  - CRC GEN-X - CRC GEN-XI - Traxxas Slash 4X4 with LCG conversion - RC8Be  - Xray XB4  - DX3R-PRO
Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

Offline Trewsert

• Forum Rookie
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2014, 06:42:37 PM »
hy. yes I agree to race with WGT in club 10.5 it's good at least for me 👍.Learning to go 🚄 like Bullet but getting there slowly but shurely. thank you all for help u r giving me on mainly training days it is Very highly appreciate .I have A Zlot to learn but most I have i fun. 😂😂😀😂😀😂🍺. Mike