Author Topic: Looking for additional Race Directors  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
Looking for additional Race Directors
« on: May 03, 2007, 05:16:15 PM »
Hey all,

After three weeks of learning the new timing/scoring software (RC Scoring Pro), it's time for me to start training additional people to use it.  Obviously Tom and Daryl would be the logical choices but both of them are going to be fairly sporadic with their attendance this summer.

Although I do plan to be around for most races this summer myself, there will undoubtedly be some racedays that I'll miss.  Therefore, we're looking for other club members to step up and take on the responsibility of Race Director.

These are the types of people we're looking for (In order of importance; 1, 2, and 3 are critical.):

1. Excellent attendance (must be planning on racing most weekends)
  2. Can show up and be ready to work at 9:30AM sharp
  3. Ability to remain focused on your job in distracting situations
  4. Comfortable making announcements with the microphone/PA system
  5. Very organized with your R/C cars so that you can dedicate appropriate time to race directing
  6. Very basic knowledge of PCs, peripherals, and Microsoft Windows would be nice

If you're interested in the job, please let me know.  Otherwise we will be using our best judgment and "picking on" a couple of people we have in mind already.  I'd like to start training two new Race Directors this Sunday....

Thanks,
Blake

Offline OX

• Forum Regular
    • My Vid's and Pic's web-page
Looking for additional Race Directors
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 06:07:34 PM »
You forgot to mention no pay, and very little respect!  lol

Dave Ox.
Dave "OX" Oxendale