Author Topic: 360 Raceway in Abbotsford this Sunday, Dec 5th?  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
360 Raceway in Abbotsford this Sunday, Dec 5th?
« on: November 29, 2010, 06:48:04 PM »
Hi all,

I am *hoping* to head over to Vancouver on Sunday morning for a raceday at 360 Raceway in Abbotsford.  I would like to see Korgae's setup over there, and I'd like to promote our big race while I am there.

Anyone interested in joining in?

We'd take the first ferry on Sunday morning, and return on the 7PM or 9PM ferry that night.

Let me know,
Blake

Offline rcshadow

• Forum Veteran
Re: 360 Raceway in Abbotsford this Sunday, Dec 5th?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 09:19:06 PM »
             Are their classes marked on rc-tech? , or what  do they run? I would be in for a 1/12th scale race over there but there probably is not a lot of them that run it is there? Ok I am in closed door negotiations with the better half right now will let you know, but I would like to make this Sunday if I am able to. Keep you posted..
^^Progress not perfection, doubt kills^^

*R.I.P.   P. Armstrong 1943-2012*

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 12:33:33 AM »
Hi Glenn,

Ok, sounds good; let me know how the negotiations go.  Here are the classes they run, but I don't know what the turnouts are like in each particular class:

-Tamiya Mini
-Touring Car Stock (17.5 non boosted) JACO Blue
-Touring Car Super Stock (13.5 boosted) JACO Blue
-12th Scale Stock (17.5 Boosted 1S)
-WGT (13.5 Boosted 1S)

Blake

Offline korgae

• Forum Rookie
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 01:37:40 PM »
Hi Guys thanks for the interest in our club race this weekend, I hope some of you do come over with Blake, we will make it as much fun as possible.

12th scale is doing pretty good hear with around 5-10 cars regularly. Fast Eddie and Mario have really been focusing on 12th this year with and both are looking really good on the track.  Infact the main guys are really having close racing mostly all staying on the same lap. Our track is 8 feet across everywhere so it will feel fast and flowing for you. It has it's own challenges and if you blow a corner you will have a slow lap... I designed it to be open to accommodate all classes we run...

WGT is also big here along with TC and Mini.

Hope to see a few of you this weekend, I am working on tables and chairs so all you need to bring is yourself and an extension cord.

Korgae

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 09:08:25 PM »
Hi all,

So far we have the following:

Blake (confirmed)
Matt Michaluk (confirmed)
Jamie Surry (confirmed)
Craig (likely)
Glenn (possibly)

Any other takers?

Blake

Offline rcshadow

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 09:18:41 PM »
Ok I am in for going racing on the mainland. Craig we may want to hook up and join rides. I guess we can work out the fine details later.
^^Progress not perfection, doubt kills^^

*R.I.P.   P. Armstrong 1943-2012*

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 11:23:31 PM »
Well, we are sitting in the Tsawwassen ferry terminal waiting for the 9PM after missing the 7PM by about five minutes... damn Island.

Some highlights:

In Glenn's first 12th Scale qualifer, after not practicing at all, he set the track record!  By the time the mains came around, Craig had upped the track record by four laps!  Pre-IROCC, the record was 64 laps in 8mins, and now the record is 68 laps.  BTW, if you haven't done the math in your head, that means 6.8 and 6.9 second laptimes!

Korgae ran an impressively organized race program.  He predicted that we'd be done at 5:30PM, and we were actually done at 5:45PM.  That is very impressive to have kept on schedule within 15 mins.  Unfortunately we still missed the boat, but we were all impressed with how well he kept things moving all day long.  I bet he's dog tired after racing two classes, and calling 75% of all the races!

Great turnout with 55 total entries (about 35 individual racers).  Four from IROCC, three from NRC, three from Kelowna, and two from Washington State.  The rest was made up of various Vancouver groups all coming together for a great race.

Awesome publicity for Speed Weekend Carpet Edition!  Korgae went out of his way to announce our race several times and he also gave IROCC and NRC props for being great clubs that host great events.  We had lots of people asking us questions about our race and lots of people telling us that they are committed to attending.

We also managed to get a free buffet breakfast on the morning ferry by tagging along with a group of 100 Seahawks fans that were on some sort of ferry/buffet/game package deal.  I guess that makes up for the two hours of life wasting that we are currently undertaking.

So, all in all, we all had a great time and would recommend the trip to anyone interested.  It's a long day, but it's a ton of fun, in a great little permanent facility.

Blake

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 11:42:12 PM »

Pass on the congrats to craig for the new track record! 

Wow! 6.8 Second Laps!    Thats fast!  Glad to hear everyone had a good time,

Shawn.

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 12:38:10 AM »
so depressed i had to bail at the absolute last minute.. but what u gunna do.. sound like it was a blast..
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 customworks direct drive sprint. 
1/10 kyosho optima mid se
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 01:19:45 AM »
Jarrod,

Your story was a highlight I missed.  Karma kept you honest but we missed you.  Next time for sure.  How's your eye?  And did you go to work?

Blake

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 02:30:25 AM »
Haha..well I went the optometrist at jubilee today,he found a black spec,that I assume to be a peice of foam tire?, while the doc at vgh didn't see it, a few scratches on my eye from thaat bein in there for most of day but I'll be fine, can't wait for the wash.trip.

Although I may look for a set of clear glasses to where during racin after this lol
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 03:26:45 AM »
3 hrs in vgh emergency sat night/sunday morn, 1.5 hour in jubille tonight.. and back tomarro afternoon at jubilee again for a follow up.. not my ideal sunday..

i did end up takin the day off.. and ill be takin monday off too..
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline Gorden

• Forum Veteran
    • IROCC Racing Results
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 09:43:01 AM »
sounds like it was a good day. who did the wgt cars due?

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 05:27:04 PM »
sounds like it was a good day. who did the wgt cars due?

How did they do?  We got worked quite badly by Korgae and Mike Mittlestead.  If I remember correctly, they turned 53 laps and we turned 50 laps.  Korgae ran the XRay obviously and Mike had an Associated.  They both had their cars dialed on that track!  It was great seeing those guys in something other than a sedan.  WGT will be a very competitive class at Speed Weekend CE.

Blake