Author Topic: Canary Derby at Tech Park, Soapboxes and R/C cars  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
Canary Derby at Tech Park, Soapboxes and R/C cars
« on: June 14, 2011, 12:41:58 PM »
Hi all,

I got a call from Dale Gann, president of the Vancouver Island Technology Park (VITP).  They are hosting a Soapbox Derby and R/C Racing contest this Saturday at the VITP to raise money for cancer research.

http://www.canaryderby.com/

Dale asked if we would be interested in coming out with some R/C cars to show the audience how fast they run, and also to promote our club.  I am not around this weekend so I can't help facilitate this, but I told him that I would pass the word along to our members.  So, if anyone has some free time on Saturday, and you want to run your cars with a big audience, drop by the VITP and run some laps on their course.

I told Dale that, with some more lead time, we could probably do a full-on track setup for them next year.  They shut down a street for the track, so we could setup a decent asphalt track (if the surface is ok).

If you go down there on Saturday, ask for Dale and he will get you up to speed with what's happening there.  The event runs from 11AM to 5PM.

Blake