Author Topic: IROCC display during a Victoria Shamrocks game  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
IROCC display during a Victoria Shamrocks game
« on: August 11, 2005, 09:14:39 PM »
Hey all,

Last night at the Victoria Shamrock's game (lacrosse) they had a team of Colwood based skateboarders do a display during the two intermissions.  I sat there thinking that IROCC could do a killer display in this environment as well.

Well, crazily enough, today we were contacted by the Shamrocks completely out of the blue.  They want us to do a display just as I had been imagining.

They're interested in us coming out to the game this Monday night or perhaps a game in the next series if they win the current series (they are up 2-1 and are heavy favourites to win the current series).

What does everyone think?  Obviously it would be huge exposure for us.  Plus, it's right in our backyard.  The Shamrocks play in the Bear Mountain Arena down beside the velodrome and BMX track at Juan de Fuca.

One concern might be radio performance in the arena.  I think I remember Tom telling me about huge interference problems when doing a similar display in BC Place many years ago.  So, we'd probably have to get in there ahead of time to test some cars.

Oh, and the floor is polished concrete which is obviously not great for traction.

Thoughts?

Blake

Now, what to wish for with my second wish....

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 11:00:25 PM »
sounds like a great opportunaty for the club, if we test the cars earlier some people could test rubber tires and some foam. i know that worn down nitro fronts work great as electric foams,
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 customworks direct drive sprint. 
1/10 kyosho optima mid se
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.astroglide.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 02:14:25 AM »
Wow... you were thinking about doing a demo and they called you the next day out of the blue!  Ok, lets go to the peelers tonight and see if you still have the touch ;P

I think a demo is a great idea.  I'd really advise against doing it this Monday.  I hear there are going to be some really bad solar flares which will cause some sever radio interferance.  Ok actually the truth is I'm gonna be out of town this Monday....   I'd love to come out to do the demo - if it was the next weekend I could make it ;)
Stryker - "This isn't about you, Logan. Your country needs you."
Logan - "I'm Canadian."

Offline haddow

• ayatollah of rock and rolla
  • Forum Veteran
    • Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 02:16:46 PM »
Can we drive around while they are playing? Now that would be fun.
Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
https://www.facebook.com/drspeeddesigns/

Offline RYY

• Forum Regular
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 02:55:27 PM »
Great exposure, let me know if you need a hand with anything, Moday night would be fine with me!!!
RYY
est

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 04:27:07 PM »
so is there a final word if we are, or are not doin it on monday yet, so i can make plans accordingly
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 customworks direct drive sprint. 
1/10 kyosho optima mid se
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 02:33:23 AM »
I don't think we could be ready for Monday night unfortunately.  I'd like to see us get in there in the next round of the playoffs though.  Shamrocks are up 3-1 now so it's looking good.

Blake