Author Topic: The shaft  (Read 6553 times)

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
The shaft
« on: September 16, 2014, 03:08:46 PM »
Hey just to let you guys that were at the race day last week know I got the bearing off the shaft by pulling it off. Nothing broke. Do I still need a new shaft? Oh and also how do you post a picture? Beacuse I tryed to but it says that I have to change the file name how do I change it?
Emaxx + parked car  don't mix..................

Offline gotnitro

• Forum Veteran
Re: The shaft
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 05:07:22 PM »
U can always post on iroccs face book.

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 05:11:54 PM »
You can use photobucket. Get everything apart. Load up the xray x12 manual and build the axle as indicated. No secrets really. Dif should be smooth but spur shouldn't be able to turn with both outdrives being held.
Xray manuals are legendary in their detail.

Obviously replace any bearings you glued. You will likely never get them clean enough.

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 07:39:22 PM »
Ok got it thanks Valk I will read the x ray manual 3 more times and luckily I don't need to use glue.

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 07:41:48 PM »
Oh and I took off the bearing that was holding the tire to the shaft waaaaay to hard

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 07:50:02 PM »
I read in one but reading it again I just found out that this is probably the best build guide I have ever used! I think they are probably better that tamia! (This is just my opinion).

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 09:35:19 PM »
there is really not a lot to a pancar dif. some balls, a gear and some bearings and nuts. i think the xray has a thrust bearing stock so if you build the dif to spec and check that its tight after every race, it should last a very long time. once its together, calibrate it as such;
hold the two tires with your two hands, use a thumb to try to turn the spur gear. you want the dif tight enough that the spur takes a lot of effort to move. the hotter the motor, the tighter that needs to be. I personally run my dif fairly loose. basically if i put the car down and its spools or barks when i gun the gas, its too loose. same with buggies and slippers clutches. thats with a 13.5.

pancars are great. if you can keep them off the walls there is very little to go wrong with them.

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 09:52:31 PM »
We'll I will put it back together than THE RIGHT WAY lol

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 06:06:37 PM »
AHHA i figured out the problem! if you look at the x ray x12 manual you see 2 washers squishing a washer with little balls in it. i thought that was a bearing! so that is why the diff was super hard and i also was thinking that you put the 2 flat washers at the back but i was wondering how that would sqwease together. Turns out that you needed washers that were in a cup shape to squeeze together. i don't think i have those cup washers so i might need some. if i find some i will let you know.

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 08:20:16 PM »
two washers with little balls in it would be a thrust bearing. they put that in there to take the pressure off the bearing that normally goes inside the outdrive to allow it to spin freely. some pan cars push against that bearing with the axle nut which quickly wears it out. a thurst bearing can sustain the load for long periods in the direction axial bearings on your axles cannot.
consider yourself lucky. with most pan cars thats an aftermarket option lol

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 11:28:28 PM »
ya gorden says that the guy that he bought it from upgraded the heck out of it

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 07:02:35 PM »
i am looking for the 2 cuped washers now and if i don't have any i might need some and once Iinstall those my pan car is ready to go for the winter season!

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 08:07:17 PM »
do you have;

13.5 motor
1 cell esc
1 cell battery
?

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 11:56:34 PM »
I have everything exept a ESC but I am getting one. I have a 1s lipo and a 13.5 sensored brushless mottor

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 11:58:08 PM »
Oh and of corse I have a recever. Lil