Author Topic: Qualifier #3...  (Read 2180 times)

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
Qualifier #3...
« on: September 18, 2013, 12:21:25 AM »
so uhhhh. who else has had their nitro cars out yet? just pulled mine out of the box and it doesn't move lol... the whole drive line is stuck together with the sugar water lol.... gross......

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://abc123.dowco.com/~tom/rc
Re: Qualifier #3...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:30:55 AM »
Yikes.

I'm not looking forward to the start of next summer season.

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 02:37:58 AM »
Priority was to save the electrics obviously and the engine. that will have to come appart and get soaked to get the gunk off it. all the plastics for the car are in a sunlight solution now to soak off the crap and all the metal parts will have to get cleaned with brakleen, as the bearings shall.
of course, these bearings were already cleaned and lubed earlier in the season, many of which only had one good seal so they are totally crusted inside now ha.

I was considering getting a new nitro chassis next year and might clean and rebuild this one to sell for a cheap price. it will need a full set of bearings to be its best, but all the guts are still good and i have PLENTY of new plastics in my spare bin.
surprised the touring car didn't get this filthy. it was actually pretty light on the crap.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:41:49 AM by valk »

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 04:08:47 AM »
Anyone have an NT1 Fuel tank i could buy? maybe i dont need it for the rest of the year but just in case we race on the 29th.

got the parts a little hot when i was drying them before reassembly. tank apparently cant take much heat and the mouth warped a little =( Otherwise, car looks cleaner than it ever has. just in time for the end of the season lol.

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 01:17:11 PM »
Anyone have an NT1 Fuel tank i could buy? maybe i dont need it for the rest of the year but just in case we race on the 29th.

got the parts a little hot when i was drying them before reassembly. tank apparently cant take much heat and the mouth warped a little =( Otherwise, car looks cleaner than it ever has. just in time for the end of the season lol.

Hi Nick,

I have one - just figure out what it's worth.  I will have it with me next Sunday.

Blake

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 02:12:25 PM »
depending what version it is, $30-$40 it looks like.

if its raining, no need to worry ill just wait until next year. if we do race, ill buy it off you and use up all my remaining fuel. didnt get to use nearly as much as i would have liked at QA =(