Author Topic: Tamiya Mini class  (Read 2435 times)

Offline ChrisS

• Forum Rookie
Tamiya Mini class
« on: January 12, 2017, 02:42:22 AM »
At the Speed Weekend, I noticed that these cars looked as fun as hell, and I was just wondering what actual cars are WCICS approved for this class, and if anyone in IROCC actually runs them?

I read the WCICS rules, but was hoping to find more of a list (or at least one) of the cars approved. That way I can research more.

Thanks in advance

Offline ChrisS

• Forum Rookie
Re: Tamiya Mini class
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 03:18:28 AM »
OK. Reread the WCICS rules and understand now whats in scope. Still wondering who if anyone runs it in Victoria........

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »
I used to run mini. But havent for 4 years. BUT if it was confirmed that our club would run a class of it, i would be all over it.  We should totaly run it.
Emaxx + parked car  don't mix..................

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 01:06:51 PM »
I used to run mini. But havent for 4 years. BUT if it was confirmed that our club would run a class of it, i would be all over it.  We should totaly run it.

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 01:07:17 PM »
Pretty unlikely irocc will ever run mini. There are a few scale spec and f1 cars though.

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 01:08:48 PM »
Even f1 would be fun. Luca and i would probably run it. Same with scale spec

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 01:47:42 PM »

Club is not big enough. More classes of cars dilutes the car count. Better off concentrating on fewer classes.   As an entry class USGT/Scale Spec/VTA is a solid route. Tame speeds, realistic bodies and tires (sorta), and older heavier chassis can still be used without a huge disadvantage.

However, saying that, if you want one, buy one!  Just dont expect to have anyone racing with you.    I am putting my Pro10 235mm car back together. Could be the only one on the track, but i dont care. Fun to run during the breaks...

Cheers,
Shawn.

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 01:53:29 PM »
that is exactly what i am doing. once I get a xray t4 some day, i will turn my spec r into a scale spec, or a mod. haven't decided yet...

Offline ChrisS

• Forum Rookie
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 02:59:11 PM »
Scale spec would be fun too. I have a Spec R S2 slider plus a complete NIB S2 that I could easily convert to a scale spec....

Unless someone needs S2 parts...LOL let me know....cheap cheap!

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 03:13:21 PM »
luca and i may need a few parts in the future...lol. but otherwise donít let us get in your way of that

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 06:38:23 PM »
you guys would prob be able to get some traction on scale spec, but it doesnt make sense to run too many classes at club racing until we get the numbers up as shawn has said. id say run stock touring, OR run scale spec. dont run both. ill stick to 12th scale myself.

Offline A.l.b.

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 08:46:15 PM »
Ya you have a point there. Out of all the classes mentioned scale spec is he most likely to run well. Considering at least 4 irocc racers own one.

Offline lomar15

• Forum Rookie
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 10:41:20 PM »
That's why I did the scale spec,  a cheaper class that didn't need a top chassis. But I ended up using an xray anyway. I was hoping to get a cheap chassis now to run Tc and then use for stock spec after I upgraded to an xray someday. But it's sounds like xray is the only way.

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 12:55:13 AM »
That's why I did the scale spec,  a cheaper class that didn't need a top chassis. But I ended up using an xray anyway. I was hoping to get a cheap chassis now to run Tc and then use for stock spec after I upgraded to an xray someday. But it's sounds like xray is the only way.

Xray's are proven quality cars. The initial purchase price is higher, but they tend to break alot less. Its also highly likely if you do break something, someone in the club will have a spare.

Shawn.