Racing Topics > 10th Scale World GT

D3.5 10.5 turn not liking one cell.

(1/2) > >>

BCbud:
So I bought a D3.5 for my WGT car and I installed it with my older Tekin RS it cogged bad. I tried a different sensor board, same. I  tried a different Tekin, same. Then a sensor wire, same. Then I remembered a thread on RCtech about how to test the sensor wire voltage so I looked it up. I tested the speedo sensor voltage and it checked out ok at 4.8v. I took the motor out of the WGT and put it in my 1/10th buggy and it worked fine and the Trackstar motor that was in the buggy works fine in the WGT.

So why is the D3.5 not working? I am confused and frustrated.

Neil.

Shawn68z:

--- Quote from: BCbud on September 07, 2013, 12:11:16 AM ---So I bought a D3.5 for my WGT car and I installed it with my older Tekin RS it cogged bad. I tried a different sensor board, same. I  tried a different Tekin, same. Then a sensor wire, same. Then I remembered a thread on RCtech about how to test the sensor wire voltage so I looked it up. I tested the speedo sensor voltage and it checked out ok at 4.8v. I took the motor out of the WGT and put it in my 1/10th buggy and it worked fine and the Trackstar motor that was in the buggy works fine in the WGT.

So why is the D3.5 not working? I am confused and frustrated.

Neil.

--- End quote ---

Was the motor connected when you tested the voltage?    I am thinking maybe the open circuit voltage on the tekin might be fine, but when its putting out current it might be dropping...  Otherwise, are the settings in your onroad ESC the same as the offroad?

Shawn.

Falcon:
That's what happens exactly. I went through this. 

valk:
if it works in two cell and not single cell, maybe your booster is bad, or the tekin has developed a fault where the voltage sag is too much. if the voltage sags too low, it might cause the esc to go into sensorless mode as if the sensor wire was unplugged. id try a different booster, replacing or doubling up your esc caps, or even different batteries. 10.5 shouldn't draw enough to sag a 50-60c battery much in blinky.

otherwise, id send the motor back and try something else. there are an aweful lot of fast motors to choose that don't have all these issues with the tekin.

BCbud:

--- Quote from: valk on September 07, 2013, 08:00:54 PM ---if it works in two cell and not single cell, maybe your booster is bad, or the tekin has developed a fault where the voltage sag is too much. if the voltage sags too low, it might cause the esc to go into sensorless mode as if the sensor wire was unplugged. id try a different booster, replacing or doubling up your esc caps, or even different batteries. 10.5 shouldn't draw enough to sag a 50-60c battery much in blinky.

otherwise, id send the motor back and try something else. there are an aweful lot of fast motors to choose that don't have all these issues with the tekin.

--- End quote ---

If there is a problem with the booster or Tekin then why would the other 10.5 work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version