Author Topic: Minirc Event Notice November 18 - 19th RC show Race  (Read 4345 times)

Offline machine

Minirc Event Notice November 18 - 19th RC show Race
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:52:13 AM »
Hey Guys,

Minirc is again hosting a trophy race to kick off the Mini-z racing season at Aberdeen mall in Richmond. This is a 2 day event with practice and qualifing on Saturday and mains on Sunday.

The race will be run on an RCP track and timing by Core. We recently added the RCP expansion pack for more track. Last year Phil took top honors in Stock and i'm sure he's shown off his trophy a few times! I'll be posting the enry forms on the minirc forum this week in PDF. Anyone interested in coming out email me to reserve a spot. Class size is restricted to 10 drivers per due to the number of transponders available. If you have your own COre transponder bring it, as ours are limited.

Here's a brief class break down all classes are open to mini-z and Iwaver/Firelap

Stock Touring

Mini-z Autoscale or Iwaver Body only (no body mod's)
Mini-z or iwaver/firelap chassis only
4 aaa batteries
Bone stock 'out of the box' motor
rubber tires
stock Fets (no turbos or FET stacks)
All option parts other than those above are open.

Open Touring

4 aaa batteries
Open motor
Open fets
open tires

AWD Touring

4 aaa batteries
Open motor
Open fets
open tires

F1 Stock

Mini-a F1 body only
Mini-z F1 rubber tires only
Stock class motor (motor must not need a fet upgrade to run)
Stock Fets (no turbos or FET stacks)

Offline RC51

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.t-bang.ca
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 11:44:01 PM »
Hey, Machine.

Since the new F1 and some of the MR02 are being shipped with XSpeed motors are they legal for stock?

Ciao
Phil

Offline machine

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 02:04:08 PM »
Good point, i don't see an issue with "Stock Fet" motors. I'll run it by the guys tonight and edit if need be the class.

You coming out?

Offline machine

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 02:40:01 PM »
Stock class has been ammended.

Offline machine

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 02:41:07 PM »
I guess i can't edit?

Stock Touring

4 aaa batteries
Stock Kyosho or Kyosho Xspeed motors Only
rubber tires
stock Fets (no turbos or FET stacks)

Offline machine

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 02:50:55 AM »
The entry form is posted, if you have a transponder please indicate it on the form thanks. Hope to see some of you out!

http://minirc.ca/forums/showpost.php?p=2279&postcount=10

Offline RC51

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 01:08:52 PM »
Hey, Guys.

An update for you Looks as if either Mike Tapp or Calvin has TQ for Mod although Ken is racing today so anything can happen. I have TQ for F1 and 2WD Touring Stock. We have 1 or 2 more qualifiers and then Mains today so I'll post on the ride back.

Phil

Offline RC51

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 09:42:11 PM »
Hey, Guys.

Well, I had pole in both F1 and stock but that only lasts so long in RC madness, doesn't it? Craig actually had to stop the main (12 minutes) a couple of minutes into the race to split the field. The skill level varied quite a bit and the new fellows were having rough go which caused pretty much everyone to have the same experience. Ray Heshemi won the stock class. Although I finished second, my XSpeed crapped out after the first lap and ran painfully slow. I'm not sure if it was heat, debris, or something binding, but it was like a light switch turning the thing to ultra low in a heartbeat. bizarre.

F1 was a good race with Ken, Vince, Gary and I swapping for the lead for the first half. After the first two thirds I kept getting hung up by a backmarker (who was being lapped for the 5th time I might add) and with open wheels it's a slight touch and you're out of the ball park ,,, literally. It really is a fun class and with 4 or 5 cars on the same lap it was really a fun 12 minute race.

The hobby show venue is a great place to race and there were tons of spectators for each race. Craig did a fantastic job keeping the heats going and running the computer. The mall wants them back every month but it will likely be every two months by the sound of things, so. if any of you are interested. it's worth the trip for sure.

Phil