Author Topic: X-Mod trials...  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.astroglide.com/
X-Mod trials...
« on: December 30, 2005, 02:47:57 AM »
Ok I had a chance to try the X-Mod on Phil's track.  Traction with the stock tires is not a problem - in fact I was traction rolling at times.  Didn't play with tires much (other than glueing the fronts to the rims).  A set of foamies is $12 with rims and four sets of tires (hard/soft slicks/treaded)  is $10 and $10 for three (or four??) sets of rims.  Did use the heavy springs on the front to keep the tires from chattering.  Suspension set is $10 too this week.

Definately need the steering mod though.  Jason tried his out without the mod and you just can't get around the track.  With the mod you have to turn the steering down - yeay!  Speed is a little lacking with the stock motor.  My set up just had the 4x4 conversion in it (which upgrades to ball diffs all round).

All in all its a slick little rig for $40.  Get the 4x4 conversion too and I've yet to install the bearing kit but that is suppose to be a good upgrade.  With the stage 2 motor performance jumps up significantly or just use a Crest Spinbrush and pull the motor from that - even better (and cheap!)
Stryker - "This isn't about you, Logan. Your country needs you."
Logan - "I'm Canadian."