Author Topic: 3300's for sale cheap !  (Read 6187 times)

DekelzMan

3300's for sale cheap !
« on: September 09, 2005, 04:31:16 PM »
I am selling all 5 of my 6 cell 3300 packs. I would like to use them one more weekend ( the 18th ) and then they're up for grabs. I would like $3.00 per cell, but would prefer to sell them all as one package, so $75.00 for all of them. Battery bars will be included, but no other connectors will be provided.

PM me if interested.

Mick

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.astroglide.com/
3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 06:37:36 PM »
I'll take em.

Kurk
Stryker - "This isn't about you, Logan. Your country needs you."
Logan - "I'm Canadian."

DekelzMan

3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 06:42:32 PM »
I do believe they are sold.....

Mick

3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 08:30:23 PM »
dont you have enough batts yet kurk.......what about the rest of us........and what mick you not running 12 scale.....as i thought we were suppose to make the 3300s a club batt and mandatory this year,this could be wrong as our club seems to change its mind quit  often

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 09:03:58 PM »
Actually I only have 2 packs of 3300s.  They are 6-cell packs for 1/10th scale.  They are matched so I can't break them up into 4 cell packs then back to 6 cell packs.  I'm going to use them for 1/12th scale and a third 1/10th scale pack.
Logan - "I'm Canadian."

DekelzMan

3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 09:12:38 PM »
What, me re-use batteries for 1/12th ? Surely you jest sir...I shall be out this year for 1/12th don't you worry about that....:)

Mick
Sz.

3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 09:27:53 PM »
8O

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 10:21:02 PM »
hey kurk you can break up matched packs ,it doesnt matter, as long as you mark the cells before you take them apart so you can put them back to matched 6 cells. thats what i do for 12th and im shure almost everyone does to, even if you buy the 4 cell packs from the club every 2nd pack isnt matched for the same reason, they come as matched 6 cell and the club just takes 4 and the 2 left go with another 2 from the next 6 cells leaving the remaining 4 cells a matched pack and so on...
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 customworks direct drive sprint. 
1/10 kyosho optima mid se
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline haddow

• ayatollah of rock and rolla
  • Forum Veteran
    • Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 12:39:17 AM »
I feel a long winded reply coming ...
Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
https://www.facebook.com/drspeeddesigns/

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 12:54:20 AM »
That would be true if you abused the other two cells the same as the other four.  The whole reason for matching cells is lost if you take two cells from one batch and two from another.  Thats what you would call a mismatched pack - the opposite of a mached pack :)  When two cells have different specs than the other two cells in a mismatched pack two cells are working harder and taking more abuse.  If you take those two abused cells and put them back with your matched four cells the original 6-cell pack will be mismatched.

Even if you put the two cells aside and ran just the four cells the pack would still be mismatched as the performance of the cells drops off each charge.  The performace drop per use is likely why Mick is getting rid of the batteries after a single season.  For me the newbie dot clipper these things aren't as important.

You would be best off to buy two sets of 6 cells of the club batteries and build two matched packs and one mismatched.  Use the mismatched for qualifiers or practice and the matched packs for your mains.  Put the 4 cell packs away for the season when you are running 10th scale again.  

Every time you heat the battery up (eg soldering, etc) you are reducing the life and performance of the cells.  Don't forget on the positive side there is a nylon vent.  Nylon typically melts around 360 to 500 deg F and solder at around 400 deg F.  That being said typically you want to solder at about 720 deg F for most soldering.  If you tried soldering batteries at that temp you WILL melt the vent before the solder melts because of the time required to stay on the cell.  Personally I use a silver solder and big 1/4" tip at 900 deg F.  I can usually solder a tab on cell in about two seconds on the positive side and about three on the negative side.  If you are on the cell for more than five seconds you are causing excessive thermal damage to the cell and in particular the nylon vent.  Each time you solder or desolder a cell you are reducing the life and performance of the cell.
Logan - "I'm Canadian."

Offline haddow

• Forum Veteran
3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 02:13:43 AM »
You would be best off to buy two sets of 6 cells of the club batteries and build two matched packs and one mismatched. Use the mismatched for qualifiers or practice and the matched packs for your mains. .

but..
if all 12 cells had the same specs then you would have 3 matched packs not 2 macthed and one unmatched. The cells are matched based on numbers obviuosly, not in groups of 4 or 6. Similar cells within some pre-determined range all get thrown into a "bin" based on the numbers. so if a particular bin has 100 cells in it any battrey configuration can be built from this bin 4, 6, or 8 etc and they would be considered matched packs. so if you buy two 6 cell packs with the same numbers you could swap every second cell and stilll have two matched packs

peace

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://abc123.dowco.com/~tom/rc
3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 02:49:53 AM »
In my limited experience running R/C, I have found out the hard way that spitting packs from 6-cells to 4-cells and back to 6-cells again, every time testing all the cells to obtain the best match, results in crappy batteries that suck.

Since I learned my lesson, I have 4-cell packs and 6-cell packs, and I'll run my batteries until they become outdated with newer battery types, and they work great for their type even then.  I get many seasons out of my packs with no problems.  Previously, I would have to retire my packs because they would drift out of match and suck big-time.

Although new batteries are somewhat different than the old ones I experimented with (1200's, 1400's and 1700's; after that I learned my lesson) I would expect the same lessons should still hold.  Do yourself a big favor and don't re-assemble packs into different configurations, since doing so drastically reduces their useful life, even if you are good a soldering them.  And, to be honest, from what I've seen, not many people are good at soldering them.

Jody is right though; if you buy 2 6-cell packs (new) that have the same numbers, that makes 3 great 4-cell packs.  Just do yourself a favor though and don't ever combine them into 2 6-cell packs later on, because they'll suck.  And, if you started the season with 2 6-cell packs with identical numbers, if you split 'em into 3 4-cell packs, the two that came from one pack each will be okay, but the one that came half from each pack will suck.  Just don't do it if you want your batteries to last.

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2005, 11:35:52 AM »
Quote from: "haddow"
You would be best off to buy two sets of 6 cells of the club batteries and build two matched packs and one mismatched. Use the mismatched for qualifiers or practice and the matched packs for your mains. .

but..
if all 12 cells had the same specs then you would have 3 matched packs not 2 macthed and one unmatched. The cells are matched based on numbers obviuosly, not in groups of 4 or 6. Similar cells within some pre-determined range all get thrown into a "bin" based on the numbers. so if a particular bin has 100 cells in it any battrey configuration can be built from this bin 4, 6, or 8 etc and they would be considered matched packs. so if you buy two 6 cell packs with the same numbers you could swap every second cell and stilll have two matched packs

peace

Of course - but its usually difficult to get packs with the same specs.  Can we get multiple packs of inter matched cells from the club?
Logan - "I'm Canadian."

Offline haddow

• Forum Veteran
3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2005, 01:30:17 PM »
many of the packs blake was elling had the same numbers

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
3300's for sale cheap !
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 08:08:30 PM »
It's next to impossible to get similar numbered matched packs over time.  The batteries improve and each time we order them they are several seconds longer, and several points higher on voltage.  Heck, it's hard enough just to get the same type of battery each year what with the way this industry moves.  That is why we "change our minds" from time to time.

Blake