Author Topic: Sweep Touring Pre-Mounts $16.50  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
Sweep Touring Pre-Mounts $16.50
« on: March 26, 2011, 07:50:58 PM »

RC-Mart has Sweep Pre-Mounts for $16.50   32s and 28s.   If anyone needs tires, you might want to organize an order up.  You should be able to LAND 25 Sets for $500.

Cheers,
Shawn.

Offline dajracer

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://
Re: Sweep Touring Pre-Mounts $16.50
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 01:01:39 AM »
What the heck are sweep tires. Never heard of them. If you can get Sorex, you should because the Xenon 32's that I had last year were junk compared to Sorex 32's that I used later in the season.

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »

Sweep tires have actually been pickup and are now considered the main competition for Sorex.  They are excellent tires.   I agree with you about those Xenon tires, I couldnt get them to work on my car either.   Rob Fantetti loved them though!

Offline RC51

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.t-bang.ca
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 10:46:55 PM »
My $0.02: The MuchMore Absolute are very good. The MuchMore Sweep are not in my opinion. Too much sidewall flex, they heat up and fade very easily. They are also slightly larger in diameter and screw up roll-outs a bit and are b@#$#% to fit into the MuchMore tire warmers. Actually, getting them out was the problem. I never liked the way mine performed. I also had issues of the bead splitting down the middle and they would rip on occasion. I still have two sets NIB - just stopped using them.

For what it's worth ...

P.

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 11:12:08 PM »

Thanks for your input Phil.  I am glad someone has run them in the club, and your input is appreciated.     I am going to be running TC again this year, and my ride will be on Sorex.  ;)  But for the price of Sweep, if someone has a budget issue they may be excellent wheels for them, as the problems you have described have also happened to me while trying out Jacos acouple years back.  (except for the tire warmer problem!)

Cheers,
Shawn.