Author Topic: Anyone in Sooke?  (Read 7296 times)

Offline Muddy Mudskipper

• Forum Rookie
Anyone in Sooke?
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:00:24 PM »
Wondering if there is anyone out here that goes out on weekends. I just about have my buggy finished and some people to bash with would be more fun.
Hello my name is Tim and I am a noob :)

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
Re: Anyone in Sooke?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 01:53:35 PM »
Good day!

You may have more luck here.

http://www.corvictoria.com/

Neil.
Xray T4 2013 Touring Stock - Xray T4 2013 VTA - Xray NT1 - CRC Gen-X10  - CRC GEN-X - CRC GEN-XI - Traxxas Slash 4X4 with LCG conversion - RC8Be  - Xray XB4  - DX3R-PRO
Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 02:08:10 PM »
DON"T GO THERE, I may have just picked up a virus at my termanal at work.

Neil.
Xray T4 2013 Touring Stock - Xray T4 2013 VTA - Xray NT1 - CRC Gen-X10  - CRC GEN-X - CRC GEN-XI - Traxxas Slash 4X4 with LCG conversion - RC8Be  - Xray XB4  - DX3R-PRO
Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

DekelzMan

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 02:11:02 PM »
The current COR site is safe for Mac owners. They are redoing and moving the site, it should be up in a week or so.

Offline Muddy Mudskipper

• Forum Rookie
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 02:42:44 PM »
LMAO off to a good start.  ::) Racing doesn't matter that much. I am more of looking for people interested in the hobby that want to do a few runs sometime.

Offline Muddy Mudskipper

• Forum Rookie
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »
Hell I'd give on road a try if I could pick up a cheap car and had someone to burn around with.

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 03:16:44 PM »
Not sure if it's as cheap as your were thinking but I got a good xray touring car for sale.. No electronics tho.. 150$ or I can thro in some brushed motor electronics if you want
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 customworks direct drive sprint. 
1/10 kyosho optima mid se
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline Muddy Mudskipper

• Forum Rookie
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 03:50:44 PM »
oh god another project!  ;D haha I will definitely think about it though.

Offline dajracer

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »
What kind of buggy do you have?
You'll find that most the people on this site are into racing more than bashing around. We all started bashing, found that boring so we have formed a club for racing.
Here is a good site for Off-road racing as well as a good hobby shop that the majority of our club members support. Their racing schedule is posted on another thread here- NRC Off-Road Racing 2012.

Offline Muddy Mudskipper

• Forum Rookie
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 06:40:43 PM »
Tamiya DF-03. I have never even seen a track let alone tried to race one.

Offline Muddy Mudskipper

• Forum Rookie
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »
Looked at that. where are they located? Nanaimo? Store name? Sorry new to the island and a google search didn't help.

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 06:50:57 PM »
Good day!

In never saw a track untill 3 years ago, I drove by and saw the tents and sign in Colwood. I drove in and checked it out, talked to several peaple there and found that there was a car for sale. I came back the next weekend and bought my first RC race car and started racing that day. This year will be my 4th year for outdoor racing. The club and members are more than willing to help a new racer out and it is way better than bashing and it is a lot of fun.

Neil.

Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

Offline Muddy Mudskipper

• Forum Rookie
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
Cool when and where? I'll check it out.

Offline dajracer

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 07:46:45 PM »
Hey Muddie, check out some of the other threads on here, they tell you where, when and what IROCC races. The main page will give you all the details you need to know.
The Off-Road track and shop are in Nanaimo, that website should give you all the info you need about what they do. Here is their website- http://notoriousrc.com/
Facebook page-  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1031288976&sk=photos

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 02:46:22 AM »
if you want a cheap car, my ntc3 is pretty cheap. all it needs is radio gear. got two servos? if not, i have one spare one that isn't that frack hot, but id chuck it in. $150 and all you would need is fuel and drop your radio gear in.
nitro would be tough as a first class, but would train your throttle finger preeeettty quick.

Offline Muddy Mudskipper

• Forum Rookie
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 03:44:39 AM »
Nitro......good god. Unless it's made by Nerf it probably isn't a good idea. I have to admit it would probably be a lot of fun though but I know nothing about nitro and probably should stick to a more beginner friendly car.  ;D

Is the electric 2wd or 4wd? I haven't been able to find the answer.

Offline Gorden

• Forum Veteran
    • IROCC Racing Results
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 09:36:36 AM »
Nitro......good god. Unless it's made by Nerf it probably isn't a good idea. I have to admit it would probably be a lot of fun though but I know nothing about nitro and probably should stick to a more beginner friendly car.  ;D

Is the electric 2wd or 4wd? I haven't been able to find the answer.

We will be at the parking look this Sunday for a clean up work party at noon .if you need the location click on the summer map link on the main page

Gorden

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 01:45:56 PM »
I think the club still has the loaner tc4. might not have it out this sunday but next sunday, our first race day, you should come out and rent the car for the day thats how i got started last year and now.. damn.. i said id have ONE car, now i have like... 4. spent more money on rc than the mods in my real car now lol.

Offline Matt S

• Pin It To Win It
  • Forum Veteran
    • Island 4x4
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 03:28:54 PM »
i might be down for a bash shesh in sooke one day. the electric truggy needs a good burn soon.
Braap Braaaap

Offline Muddy Mudskipper

• Forum Rookie
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 09:46:38 PM »
sweet I just have to pick up a 2.4 Trans and I am good to go. I just got back into R/c and a lot has changed. Lipo, 2.4 and brushless. A lot to learn but it makes it better. No more 5 minute runs in a twenty foot radius.  ;D Are you in Sooke? I can't pm so you pm me.

Loaner car sounds cool. I will try and make it this Sunday but due to prior plans I might not be able to make it by the time you guys are done.

Offline Gorden

• Forum Veteran
    • IROCC Racing Results
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 11:37:54 PM »
sweet I just have to pick up a 2.4 Trans and I am good to go. I just got back into R/c and a lot has changed. Lipo, 2.4 and brushless. A lot to learn but it makes it better. No more 5 minute runs in a twenty foot radius.  ;D Are you in Sooke? I can't pm so you pm me.

Loaner car sounds cool. I will try and make it this Sunday but due to prior plans I might not be able to make it by the time you guys are done.

this Sunday we will take about 90mins to clean noon to 1:30 the lot then some of the guys will most likely test out their cars before we start racing next sunday

Offline dajracer

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
Muddy, I have a SpektrumDX3E(2.4) radio and SR300 receiver that I would sell for $75.
It is the entry level DSM radio, only good for 1 car, analog adjustments compared to more expensive digital versions which will hold settings for multiple cars. I picked it up when I purchased a used off-road car and have no use for it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:23:57 PM by dajracer »