Author Topic: Indoor Winter Facility  (Read 21701 times)

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2005, 12:19:41 AM »
Hey Damon,

If that schedule is a listing of "available" timeslots then it would seem like it would really only work for us from January on.  The available Saturday timeslots in November and December seem to end at 4:30PM for some reason....  Do you know if this is actually the case?  If we could get the place until 11PM on those days then we might have something.

Also, anyone have any idea as to what a container would cost to rent?

Blake

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://abc123.dowco.com/~tom/rc
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2005, 02:41:04 AM »
Unfortunately, Daryl would probably be a good bet for that, and he's unavailable for a few weeks.

However, if we have the tentative plan of running at Saanich for October then transitioning to Pearkes in late November (after a couple week hiatus), that leaves sufficient time to sort some alternative arangement out, wheather that be on-site storage, or a bigger trailer.

Offline cyrrus

• Forum Veteran
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2005, 03:32:41 AM »
The container you looking for to store.  Your thinking of a 23' pup trailer can.  I can take a look what avail in the area.  Unfortunatly we don't have any trailer or can( don't deal with cans.)  I will also ask both my boss and my sale rep(know alot of contact in this)
ood grief I think I lost my....
. one turn at a time, but what do I have to do on the straight's again.

for a cool display option press alt+(f4)

Offline WhoDoYouThink

• Forum Veteran
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2005, 03:38:38 AM »
Great work Damon!  Thanks, and thanks to everyone else who have been making enquiries around town.

I've got my fingers crossed that Saanich comes through for us.

Let's hope that the Fieldhouse usage and scheduling work out, as its' central location and easy access/good exposure makes it almost too good to be true! It  most certainly looks incredible, and definitely appears large enough for our needs.

Not to mention it appears to have heaters, and what look like possibly Sodium lights!  :D

Regards,
Nick

Offline snap2

• Forum Rookie
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2005, 12:57:06 AM »
Ya the schedule is the available time slots and you're right, we wouldn't really be in full swing until after the holidays, but its more than what we've got out at the fairgrounds isn't it? And if we can race a few times there to fill-in-the-blanks, I think thats perfect.

I'd even say take the October 1st date and give it a try! For Nov. maybe we can run during the day, have a fun-day, advertise.  I dunno, it's easy for me to say, I've never been out, ya know... lets talk about it Sunday (we better be racing :<) and/or next Wed.

I have no idea what a container would cost.  I hope we wouldn't need something so big that we're paying for space.  What about those U-Pak containers?  Are those big enough for the carpet? How big do we need again?

Anyway, by no means think that I'm trying to promote Saanich, I'm looking forward to racing anywhere, If we can get a better spot, great. I looking forward to seeing the barn too!

And yes Nick, it's heated, very comfortable. I don't know what lighting it is, but being indirect it gives it a cathedral feel and this side is slightly dimmer than the other side(Its one big large room split in two). They even mentioned that these lights are due for changing. It takes your eyes a minute to adjust, its wierd.

Until later gentlemen, Damon

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2005, 01:29:03 AM »
As a refresher, the rolls of carpet are 12 feet wide.  They are never rolled exactly straight, so they end up being at least 13 feet long unless you spend an hour rolling each roll.  So, we would want to store the carpet in something at least 14 feet in length.

If anyone has any leads on a trailer like the one we use for summer racing except 14 feet long, let us know, since we'd love to buy one!

This Pearks Arena location looks great so far, with the minor exception of the schedule this fall, and the storage hiccups.

In case it doesn't work out, it looks like there may be several other possible alternatives; good work everybody!

This location has been central to IROCC over the years; the back parking lot is the location of IROCC's inagural Speed Weekend (back in 1988) that turned into a mud bog (we ran off-road there for several years), and there's a picture of the 4 of us running Touring Cars back when IROCC transitioned to an asphalt club in the picture gallery a decade later after it had been turned into a parking lot.

Offline WhoDoYouThink

• Forum Veteran
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2005, 03:08:53 AM »
You know, it really feels good going into this Winter season.
 There are a lot of fresh ideas floating around, not to mention it's really nice to have a few irons in the fire as far as the Club's venue goes.

Thanks for the contact info Damon.
 I'll give Annelise a ring this morning in hopes of setting up a short meeting with her and the Club's executive members who can escape from work for a half hour or so.

I know you also made an enquiry about Gordon Head's little auditorium as well.
 Believe me, Gordon Head is a great Community Centre, but the auditorium is pretty small, too small infact for our needs.

Regards,
Nick

Offline RYY

• Forum Regular
    • http://
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2005, 11:56:27 AM »
Hello all,
I made some phone calls this morning regarding container rentals they are as follows:
 A 8'x20' steel locking container rents from 115.00(long term contract) to 135.00 a month. Those prices do not include taxes.  They also do not include container moving, which ranges from 150.00 to 200.00 for a return drop off.
I contacted 4 different companies, if anyone can find somthing cheaper please post it.
Just thought I would let you all know.
RYY
est

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2005, 12:20:15 PM »
Daryl can move it.

Offline WhoDoYouThink

• Forum Veteran
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 12:26:38 PM »
Thanks Ryy!

Those container rental prices sound inline with what we were paying back in the Work Point Barracks days.
 Although the drop off and moving fees seem a bit steep, but at the time, we had a fellow in the club who did the moving for us, and I believe, he even owned one of the containers we used at some point in time, but I could be wrong about that.

Regards,
Nick

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2005, 12:28:12 PM »
You're thinking of Gary Murry.  I was going to mention that in my last post, but I didn't.

Offline WhoDoYouThink

• Forum Veteran
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2005, 12:34:27 PM »
Yes, I was thinking of Gary Murry.

Offline RYY

• Forum Regular
    • http://
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2005, 12:43:11 PM »
Drop off and pick up sounded high to me as well but those numbers came from 4 different companies so who am I to argue.
I also phoned about a trailer(new was the quickest to get pricing on).
A 14'L x 7'W x 6'7"H tandem axle trailer w/elctric brakes, rear doors and a side cargo door is 5700.00 plus tax = 6498.00 done deal.
I also found a clearance price on a 14'L x 6'W x 6'1"H for 5100.00 but I think that is getting a little small? Or is it.  The places I phoned suggested putting our trailer in the buy and sell as they did not want a trade.
Just some more info for ya'llll
RYY
est

Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2005, 01:10:06 PM »
mabye try calling uhaul or buget as i am pretty sure they sell there older models off.............

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
Indoor Winter Facility
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2005, 01:13:10 PM »
That smaller one doesn't sound too small to me.

Where is it?