Author Topic: "The Big Chill" October 3, 4 5th 2014 Chilliwack Heritige Park  (Read 3694 times)

Offline Big_gord24

• Forum Regular
I figured since i was posting this everywhere else. id post here too....

Keep your WCICS Tires if you want to race on the cheap.... you don't need to buy tires but must use WCICS or NW Spec Sweeps....

We'll chat about island entry fees off line...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene/819640-overgeared-racing-presents-big-chill-october-3-4-5th-2014-a.html
"Tiny"
Options-rc.com
Team Pro Spec / Yokomo
Overgeared Racing BOD

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
Re: "The Big Chill" October 3, 4 5th 2014 Chilliwack Heritige Park
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 PM »
Cool, sounds good Ryan.  It will be good to get back to Chilliwack!

Blake

Offline Big_gord24

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 05:49:16 PM »
First of all and most important Sponsors... without them this race wouldn't be possible.
With Gratitude we will once again be Naming our classes after our sponsors.

Hobby Velocity Touring Stock Class
Hobby Velocity is a Seattle Based Hobby Store, Run By Roar National Champion Kody Knudsen (Kung Fu Panda)
Kody is a Major supporter of Seattle R/C Racers and Now is an asset to Overgeared Racing.
This Class will be run on Sweep (NW Spec) tires Made available to Overgeared by Hobby Velocity

Gravity R/C Touring Modified
Gravity R/C is the brainchild of Roar National Champion Paul Lemieux. GRAVITY RC LLC is based in the area of Milwaukee Wisconsin USA,
The Company was started by professional RC driver Paul Lemieux in 2011 with help from family and friends. This Class will be run on
Gravity RC Type C tire. This tire has been designed and tested by Gravity RC owner and World renowned Touring Car Racer Paul Lemieux.
The Type C tire will be Pre-mounted on the Gravity RC Rim.These rims are made of a blend of plastic and polycarbonate to be extremely
durable and true. These are the same Tires that have been chosen to be the Spec Tire for the 19th Aniversary running of Scotty Ernst's
International Indoor Championship in Las Vegas The week following our "Big Chill"

GoGo Hobbies 1/12 Scale 13.5 Stock
GoGo Hobbies is a Coquitlam Hobby Store Located on Austin Avenue. Cameron Fung Has been a great support to all of the Lower Mainland
R/C Comunities including Overgeared Racing, RRR Vancouver, Outlaw R/C and CAMRC. If you get a chance stop in and see the Assortment of
Hobby Related goods at GoGo. He is now stocking on-road related accessories. Help them out and let them know what you need.

R/C Pitstop Big Block Scale Spec/VTA
R/C Pitstop has been in the game for a Long time. Now at their new location in The Langly Mall in the Courtyard beside the Army and Navy.
Wes and Vanessa are very active in the Local R/C comunity. They have spent many long hours dedicating their time and resources in our Comunity.
They are selfless in helping out the Local Clubs and have also organised and Run the Off-Road Thunderbird Winter series so the Offroad Comunity
had Events during the Winter Months. They are carying on-road accessories. Help them out and let them know what you need. They deal with the largest
distributors in the Industry, They can get what you need.

Battery World Vancouver Formula 1
Battery World is a Vancouver Retail Battery supply business. Located at 1749 Boundary Road in Vancouver, BC. They can supply batteries for Home,
Automotive, Marine/RV, Camera equipment and Computer needs. They are Suplying us with the Battery World Racing Transporter to move our Carpet and Track from
Richmond to Chilliwack. The dont have Lipos but they have any other battery you could possibly need in your everyday life.
Check them out at www.buyabattery.com

We have added associate sponsors for our raffle of Viper R/C, Xpert R/C, Krawler Konceptz, Protoform, VBC Racing and EMR Factory... Still more to confirm...

There are still Classes looking for Sponsors... If you know of anyone please let me know...

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Tiny"
Options-rc.com
Team Pro Spec / Yokomo
Overgeared Racing BOD

Offline Big_gord24

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »
Next is Tires....

Gravity R/C Modified Touring will be run on the Same Gravity R/C G-Spec Touring car Tires that were chosen for the 10th Anniversary of the Las Vegas IIC

http://www.teamgravityrc.com/store1/...76&id=35285959

The tires will be between $30-35 priced will be based on US exchange at the time...as close to $30 as we can get.
1 set of tires will allowed for the weekend and will be marked.

We are ordering 30 Sets for the race. The weekend before Big Chill we will have a controlled practice day. @ 11571 Daniels road Richmond, BC 8am-5:30 The pre-ordered tires will be available for this practice day.

If you would like a set of the G-Spec tires for this practice please

PREREGISTER BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1st and request a practice set and we will bring in an extra set of the G-Spec Tires for you to purchase for Practice.

Hobby Velocity Touring Stock will run on Spec Tires. Sweep Racing QTS32 True Blue with NW Spec Screen or WCICS screen on the rim. 1 Set of tires will be marked for the weekend. The Tires are not required to be new however 1 set of tires must be checked in and used for the entire weekend.
Hobby Velocity is Supplying Overgeared with 50 sets of new tires that Will Be Available for purchase at the Event.
The tires will be between $30-35 priced will be based on US exchange at the time...as close to $30 as we can get.
"Tiny"
Options-rc.com
Team Pro Spec / Yokomo
Overgeared Racing BOD

Offline Big_gord24

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »
"Tiny"
Options-rc.com
Team Pro Spec / Yokomo
Overgeared Racing BOD

Offline Big_gord24

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 05:57:29 PM »
We got our final totals for the venue rental and equipment transportation. We are now able to set our entry fees. Rental is quite high but we hope to at least break even with enough entries....

First Class $50
Second Class $20
Third Class $10
Additional Classes $5 (thought of limiting to 3 classes... but will allow more as long as marshaling duties are covered)

Gravity R/C Modified Class
Gravity R/C Tire order is going in September 2nd.... if you want an extra set for practice please have your pre-registration listed before September 1st.

PM for Island Registration Info....
"Tiny"
Options-rc.com
Team Pro Spec / Yokomo
Overgeared Racing BOD

Offline Big_gord24

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 06:02:04 PM »
1 set of tires will allowed for the weekend and will be marked.

Reminder you are not required to buy tires for the Hobby Velocity Touring Stock Class... you can use your WCICS Labeled Tires or NW Spec Labeled Tires...
You must check in and use only 1 Set for the weekend.

Blake has already preregistered... I'm hoping to see some of the IROCC crew over for some carpet racing fun.
"Tiny"
Options-rc.com
Team Pro Spec / Yokomo
Overgeared Racing BOD

Offline Big_gord24

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 06:15:29 PM »
Let me know if anybody is interested in joining us for the practice day on the 27th of September.... we can arrange for walk on ferry pick up and drop off... just be sure not to wait till the last day to message.
"Tiny"
Options-rc.com
Team Pro Spec / Yokomo
Overgeared Racing BOD

Offline dajracer

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 07:17:21 PM »
Count me in Ryan.
1/12 stock
Stock TC
!/12 mod????
I will need tires, are they going to be available at the track?
I will be arriving sometime Friday with the RV.

Offline samson

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 09:16:10 AM »
Jamie Surry
1/12 stock
1/12mod
maybe WGT

Offline Big_gord24

• Forum Regular
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 03:35:52 PM »
Count me in Ryan.
1/12 stock
Stock TC
!/12 mod????
I will need tires, are they going to be available at the track?
I will be arriving sometime Friday with the RV.
Tires will be available..i'll put your name down for a New set
Checking on RV parking...i think $15 per night...will find out Tuesday
"Tiny"
Options-rc.com
Team Pro Spec / Yokomo
Overgeared Racing BOD

Offline Big_gord24

• Forum Regular
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 12:05:27 PM »
Camping with electronic hook up is $20+gst
Dry camping is $12+gst.... i was close...
"Tiny"
Options-rc.com
Team Pro Spec / Yokomo
Overgeared Racing BOD

Offline dajracer

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 07:56:08 PM »
Thanks, Ryan.