Author Topic: The Great Pro10/World GT Debate!  (Read 32977 times)

Offline dajracer

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://
Re: The Great Pro10/World GT Debate!
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 09:24:42 AM »
Gord, I am going to run as a 1 cell.

Offline Gorden

• Forum Veteran
    • IROCC Racing Results
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 11:06:22 AM »
Gord, I am going to run as a 1 cell.

if it helps I roll out at 53 - 55 with my 13.5 and a 2 cell

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 12:21:45 PM »
Great feedback from everyone!  Nice to see a touchy discusson thread not go off the rails.

Ryan, thanks for your input as well.  Initially we had asked for IROCC input, but you and your group were basically displaced IROCCers this past year, and we love racing with you guys, so it's good to get input from your side of the water too.  Better compatibility across the water is definitely a big goal!

Do any IROCCers have any WGT spec tires that I could try for a couple of runs this Sunday?

Blake

Offline roofrider

• Forum Regular
  • I'm so depressed
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 01:56:43 PM »
As one of the drivers that is always 5 or so laps behind and always having to pull over when the faster guys go by I would love to see the class slow down, run WGT per say, I would be able to concentrate more on my driving. as it stands right now I am ready to shelve the thing for the rest of the year. it just isn't any fun, and lets face it that's why I am there to begin with.Just like Phil that's my 2 cents worth
Don

Offline Gorden

• Forum Veteran
    • IROCC Racing Results
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »
As one of the drivers that is always 5 or so laps behind and always having to pull over when the faster guys go by I would love to see the class slow down, run WGT per say, I would be able to concentrate more on my driving. as it stands right now I am ready to shelve the thing for the rest of the year. it just isn't any fun, and lets face it that's why I am there to begin with.Just like Phil that's my 2 cents worth
Don

Don I agree with you. But we will still be a few laps behind like in 1/12 scale last year there would be about 4/5  laps from the A-main to the C/D Mains the fast guys will always be fast no mater what is used for power.
Its the driving skills that keep them fast not the motor/battery.

But the racing would be closer for drivers that normally race in the same heats

I would like to see a Spec class here but maybe with the 17.5 and 2 cell then there is no need for the boosters 

Gorden

Offline gotnitro

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 02:34:10 PM »
Just so you all know i was once a slow guy but after seven years i have gotten faster due to practice and new equipment. New technology does help but most of all its practice practice practice. As well the club has always helped to understand how the cars work and slow is fast race your race not the guy that's five laps on you. So if you have been around now for 2 or 3 years and you still cant keep up to the pack, just wait a few more years and you will see a huge improvement. I have the A main first place win write up from last years 12 scale race hanging on my wall to prove it....lol

Offline Jtg.73

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 04:08:32 PM »
Blake I have a brand new set of Jaco lilac rears to donate to the cause. I believe those are wgt spec

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 04:15:32 PM »
Blake I have a brand new set of Jaco lilac rears to donate to the cause. I believe those are wgt spec

Cool, thanks John.  I just need them for Sunday, and then you can have them back.  Will you be there on Sunday?

Blake

DekelzMan

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 04:19:31 PM »
Blake, please let me know what time you'll do the demo run and I'll make every effort to be there :)

Mick

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 05:52:22 PM »
Blake, please let me know what time you'll do the demo run and I'll make every effort to be there :)

Mick

Hi Mick,

It might be weather dependent, but I am planning on testing a few times during the raceday, both with Stock TC and Pro10, just to see the speed/handling differences between all cars.  I don't think I'll be able to run in practice, so the first run will probably be around 11:30AM ish.

Question:  Should I remove Thomas' extra-stiffening double-side-spring setup from my car for this test?

Blake

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 05:56:33 PM »
I was planning on fitting one of my Touring Car bodies to my pan car for my test since they are close-ish to the actual WGT bodies.

Does anyone happen to have an actual WGT body (drilled for the CRC Gen-X10) that I could use instead?  JohnG, you had one didn't you?

Blake

DekelzMan

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 06:07:49 PM »
Hey Blake,

My recommendation on the spring thing would be that you can safely pull them out for 1 cell but I'd keep them in for the 2 cell. I think Matt also had a World GT body mounted on his XRAY.

I'll get there when I can.

Mick

Offline Jtg.73

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 07:38:03 PM »
Can't say for sure if I will be there this Sunday or not. If I am it's just to watch and learn I am not running my pan car for the rest of the year.

I am meeting with John B tonight to buy a 12th scale care from him so I will swing by your house and drop of the tires.

And yes I do have that Corvette body still.  Nice and clean only one day of racing on it so you can have that to do some testing as well.

I will bring that too.

Cheers,

John

Offline Jtg.73

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 07:45:05 PM »
Don
Don:

I think the reason some of us slower guys are getting that many laps down is simple.  There just aren't enough drivers to make up and fill out heats such as B,C, and D.  As a result our Pro 10 mains usually end up being a mish mash of rookies and top drivers all in A and B mains and that's it. It's only natural that the slower guys are going to be put that many laps down.  If more guys ran these cars there we would be able to have more heats with all the drivers more  closely matched in skill level resulting in closer racing for everyone.  Pretty much how it is indoors because everyone runs the same setup.

John G.

Offline Jtg.73

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 07:47:58 PM »
Having said that,  I hope the end result of this restructuring is that more people will run pan cars.