Poll

Do you agree with the execs decisions about summer racing?

Yes
41 (83.7%)
No
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: March 23, 2008, 02:14:55 AM

Author Topic: A thought......  (Read 5831 times)

Offline rcshadow

• Forum Veteran
A thought......
« on: February 22, 2008, 01:14:55 AM »
I have to say I have been getting the feeling as of late that this club is all  about the exec's and their  willingness to let us play with them and their club items. We are made to shift in the way that 8 ppl say, for a club of around 20-30 instead of putting it to a vote for bigger items like what decisions were made for summer racing. I am pretty sure I pay my member dues, and every week racing fees, but I guess that is just expected as we can't , as a club , sway any sort of ideas towards the execs.  And before the mouths start, no I dont know the answers to make it better, but I bet between 20-30 of us we may have come up with some different ideas. I mean you are already giving ppl a hard time for what tires they are going to use in the summer, I have at least 10 pairs of rubber tires, who is going to be the watch dog to see what old or new types of tires I put on, get a life really.
   I have been sitting on the fence about coming racing this weekend, what seemed to be a fun hobby that helped me relax is now only stressing me out more and more every week. I sat down to cut some comms and do up some motors that used to be fun, and I cant bring my self to do it anymore. My wife has been telling me to take some time off, when I bring up that I am going to sell it all, and take up boats with the old guys on dallas rd . Or go rock crawling with  some ppl that want to have fun, seems in the off road vids on utube, ppl were laughing, that sounds like fun again as I almost dont remember what it is like to race that way anymore.
    I dont know when, during the growth of the club, by all of you reading this, that this  all happened , and I am sure I will be left out in the cold on these points, but I dont care anymore this forum is for voices, and chatter and thats just what Im doing.
^^Progress not perfection, doubt kills^^

*R.I.P.   P. Armstrong 1943-2012*

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
A thought......
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 02:37:24 AM »
I must say that comes out of left field from that person.

If it's the tire "comment" that Jody made, he was just kidding around!  I like to joke about the spirit of racing, but no one has mandated any rules regarding tires.  Run whatever you like!

As for the other concerns, maybe we can talk about them on Saturday night.  I think I need a little more clarification about what the exact issues are.

I hope to see you on Saturday!
Blake

Offline cyrrus

• Forum Veteran
A thought......
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 03:19:14 AM »
Rcshawdow.  Wow you hit the nail on the head.  

the club exec's/  the 8 ppl.   I  knew before, when I first joined the club years ago.  the each  changing season we had a general club meeting.   Were are these.  

We were also told at my first meeting.  that 2 people on the exce were to change.  each of those 2 would be on a 2 year term and be rotating out each year.  well that hasn't happened since my first year.

I know I posted a in a earlier thread that we should have a general meeting,  that way our exec,  Can understand and maybe collect some info from the member.

I don't mind paying my racing fees by why should I pay a memebership if I don't get to vote, on any issues.  Not really a club is it.    Then the Exec have the right to tell one to help set up for when you never know one might not have time to work on his/her car during the week.  (you know some of us work)   So don't mad at me why I can't make the first heat.  Heck it's my choice if I make it or not.  

I also have the feeling to go buy an off road and  take a season off.  Would I be missed Heck no.  I'm not important.

When you guy's also mentioned that Last year was a test run for 19turn.  Well that was Wrong.  We tried it the previous year.   And made it  a class last year.

Then I'm alway ready to leand a head marshalling. during the summer month when there is need. (especially Nitro)  I remember last summer I was about the only marshall on the track running around.  then I get yelled at by a driver cause I missed your car.  Well Unless I have to marshall Nitro by qualifing into the A coun't me out.  

Welll I guess I could go one.  but As RcShadow Where's the fun.  Am I quitting Heck not now,  There only one game intown.  I'll be there Sat.  Will I make the A heck no.  Do I want to.  Nope.  Why?  When I feel I belong in the A or a have the disire to try to get there.  Then I might.

See ya Sat.
ood grief I think I lost my....
. one turn at a time, but what do I have to do on the straight's again.

for a cool display option press alt+(f4)

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.astroglide.com/
A thought......
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 04:19:28 AM »
I'm not sure how to respond to that.  I know it might seem like the club is "dictated" by what the exec decides an in a way it is.  One thing to be mindful of is that everything the exec decides on is in the best interest of the club - not the individuals in the exec.  I'm assuming you are refering to Jody's comment about the 24 tires.  The reason I think (I could be out to lunch - happens frequently) he's commenting on that in particular is because the Exec was trying to figure out a way to make racing fair and affordable for everyone.  You can basically buy several positions in the A-main with a new set of tires.  We wanted to somehow take that out of play but we know that people have already invested in tires, etc.  Our only solution was to not have a tire rule and hopefully people will race in the spirit of fairness.  So Jody's comment was to try and encourge people who can afford to buy new tires every weekend not to to keep it fair for those who can't while letting people have the option of running the tires they have.  I can't think of a better comprimise.  Of course its like most things in life - you can't make everyone happy all the time.

Regardless one thing to note is that whatever our sometimes despised Exec is doing it has managed to make this one (if not the) biggest on-road R/C club in Canada.  That's by keeping things simple and falling back on the experience of the Exec most of who have been around the R/C scean for many (20+ for some) years of experience.  The Exec strives to keep the cost as low as possible and the competition as close as possible.  I know people will complain about it endlessly and remember the Exec can't and won't make everyone happy.  They definately have the best interest of the club at heart and there is serious deliberation about everything that is decided.

I agree with you - the forums are the place to discuss these thing and the Exec always listens to what people are saying here and all the information that is presented.  10.5T brushless and Pan cars are what a large portion of the club wanted to try and thats what was decided on.  The Exec originally went with the 13.5T but from feedback here it was decided that the 10.5T would be best. This was all based on input from the forums and talking to random people in the club.  Of course there will people who are in the minority that don't want what the majority want and when a group makes a decision for everyone there will be people who are unhappy about it.  You only have to look at a lot of the clubs in much larger cities than Victoria and see how free reign affects their now very dispersed clubs.
Stryker - "This isn't about you, Logan. Your country needs you."
Logan - "I'm Canadian."

Offline cyrrus

• Forum Veteran
A thought......
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 08:43:13 AM »
grinder.  very good point.(  Man,  one must refrain from  posting, when just waking up on the wrong side of the bed and getting little sleep before work, talking about previous last post)

I do understand that the exec do take what is the best interest in the club and not there own.  I don't really  have any question on what the Exec have made, in regard of new class or rule.  Actully I think there really good.  I know we have to make changes to be able to progress for future. Plus all the New aquisitions in the past year a great,  and seems to be a very good and educted  choice's.

I just wish we(general members) had more to say in what went on. That is all really.  I know some of us would feel like we belong more.  I don't know if this makes any sense or not.  

I love on road racing being 10th scale touring (pan car that going to be new) I also really do enjoy 12scale.  

****One must remeber these are my view's not anyone else.  My view do change from time to time as I get more educated om our hobby and what going on in our own club. ******

^^^^^ also it so easy to let loose on a public forum.  In other so easy to rante and let the rage go out. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So again well see you all in the D heat this sat.  

Ciao.

Offline rcshadow

• Forum Veteran
:
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 01:10:39 PM »
Ppl it was not  about the tire "fairness rule". I have heard the discussions in the pits at 1/12 racing about why that rule was even brought to ppl's attn.  My beaf is not so much about that as it is, that yes your right we have a good club, not great but whos club is. But I guess that when you hear about how much the execs have been around for years and years and they DONT take what ppl say on the forum or other input for the exec meetings, I mean one exec even put that on the web site. Is that for the better of the club?
  So dont tell me that they are doing "what is best for the club"( if I never hear that skipping record again it will be to soon) cause funny enough that is what I am doing here saying my points for the better of the club. It is just funny to me that when you hear about the execs have been through it all, when the club was huge, then fell to nothing, that is was somewhat cause of an exec structure and battles in the club between members. I mean lets get real, if none of us had joined what seemed to be a winning club here in Victoria and paying race fees, and member dues ( which I have no problem doing), none of us would be racing on the NEW CARPET, and the CLIK TRAC and hearing lap times over the speakers. I think some have already forgot that other members in the club have also made it into what it is today. Yet when it comes time for what we are doing with YOUR hobby ,thats right, YOUR fun and YOUR cars that you have bought and would like to race on any given weekend we are told what we are racing, and running, I mean maybe I am missing the point but how is that "making our club better" again??

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://abc123.dowco.com/~tom/rc
Re: :
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 03:08:40 PM »
Yikes.  Sounds like some people aren't all that happy.  Of course, it's impossible to make everyone happy.

I hope this is more a break-down in communication (if so, this must be addressed), rather then genuine dissatisfacton.

Quote from: "rcshadow"
But I guess that when you hear about how much the execs have been around for years and years and they DONT take what ppl say on the forum or other input for the exec meetings, I mean one exec even put that on the web site. Is that for the better of the club?

I think I'll attempt to address this here, since it's likely this impression was gleaned from a post I had made.

I'm supposed to be working now, so I'm not going to dig back and find where I said what I think you were referring to (that's the whole point of not allowing people to edit posts -- so we can refer back to what we said in the past).  Rather, I'll attempt to clarify my intent behind the statement.  Hopefully this will start to clear up some evidently hard feelings.

I have always felt that the forums we are dealing with here are an informal venue, and as such, no consensus reached should hold weight when it comes to important decisions.

This is due to a number of reasons.

1) It is an anonymous forum.  I feel that discussions that are important should not be held in an anonymous manner.  It is true that the experience a particular person is relevant when it comes to evaluating the merits of that persons opinion.  This is not possible to take into account when people are anonymous, in principle.  A number of people are familiar with who is who on the forums, but this is strictly not the case.  There are cases of people making postings from others accounts, people with multiple accounts, and other irregularities common to anonymous discussions.

2) The forum is not restricted to people who race in our club.  I feel that, as the exec, we do what's best for the club (sorry, but that's one of the founding tennants of the exec.), and as such, we should restrict our scope so that it is the clubs best interests that are looked after, not the interests of the forum participants.  Since anyone can join our forums, this necessarialy precludes conclusions reached on the forums from forming the basis of an exec. decision.

3)  Not everyone who is a valuable member of our club participates on the forums.  If conclusions reached on the forums rule, than these poor people who don't participate are necessarialy excluded in the decision making process.

4)  My experience shows that often times the "squeaky whell gets the grease" truism applies.  Although the silent majority may think things are just fine, a vocal minority makes a big fuss, and when a compromise is reached in order to placate this minority, then the total happiness of the club decreases (a small number of people get a lot happier, while most people are less happy).  Therefore, popular decisions, which are often spearheaded by a vocal minority are often not the best for everyone.

These are just a couple reasons off the top of my head why conclusions reached on the forums are not considered forgone conclusions to the exec. when it comes time to make decisions.  I hope you can understand my reasoning behind these (and there are more) reasons.

That being said, I clearly did not communicate my thoughts in a coherent manner, otherwise you would not have said what you did.

Discussions on the forums may influence the decisions made by the exec., and this is a necessary condition, since the exec. are not sequestered from the forums.  The intent behind my prevous terse message was to convey that the decisions made by the exec. were INDEPENDANT from conclusions reached on the forums.  I did not mean to give the impression that forum discussions would be disregarded.  These are two different things.

I can definately understand that some racers feel quite disenfranchised with the recent results.  I for one have been dreading this upcoming summer season, since I knew in advance that some very tough decisions would have to be made.  However, when the exec. started the long task of re-building the club, we decided (since there was no club other than the exec. at that time, essentially -- we just hadn't formalised any rules or structure) that there would be some decisions, such as what classes were to be run, which could not be decided upon by popular vote.  This was due to experience in the past where these decisions were taken by popular vote, which we had witnessed ran the club into the ground.

We have, in the past, put some decisions out to a popular vote.  I think this is a great method to decide many things, and we should definately be doing this on a regular basis -- I feel we have been remiss in this department, actually.  However, I also feel as I did a number of years ago that some things work best if they come from the top, in a rather un-democratic fashion.  Clearly, this power should be exercised with caution and reserved for particular matters, and this is probably what is causing concern at this moment.

One mechanism that I felt was important to establish oh so many years ago was an anonymous feedback mechanism where club members could pose feedback to the exec. in an anonymous manner.  This way, decisions that racers did not agree with could be examined from fresh perspectives, and perhaps some decisions the exec. made could be changed by the racers.  I feel we have been remiss in this, since this does not exist.

Does this help to clear up some confusion?

Offline RC51

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.t-bang.ca
A thought......
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 07:42:02 PM »
This a problem inherent in the model that cultures the world over ultimately struggle against. They don't have input into how their money (taxes) are spent and decisions are made that affect them in direct or indirect ways. 19T is a case in point in that at least half the field was not consulted. At least 5 or 6 of those racers are owners of a second car used in that class that is now a shelf queen or on the block. It is reasonable to feel angst about this IMHO, and is again, an expected reaction to the model.

Offline rcshadow

• Forum Veteran
:
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 09:27:04 PM »
wow after reading Tom's long post I guess I have not made what I am trying to say clear enough and I dont know how to do so. I find it almost painful, as I used to love racing Rc cars and find it now a chore to get my stuff to go racing every week, when say 5-6 yrs ago the idea of racing every weekend was really appealing it has since slid off to not wanting to go or forcing my self to go at all.  I dont know what to do anymore, I think some time off will do me some good, or it may not, time will tell.

Offline dajracer

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://
A thought......
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 10:17:57 PM »
I was just going to sit on the fence, as usual, but decided I had better say something.
1- With regards to electing new exec. members every 2 years- since we decided to do that a few years ago we have had a couple of changes that I know of. Burke Gillespie was one of the first new exec. members. He was replaced by Kurk McKay(through popular vote), and I believe Mick Szirmay is on his second term(again by poular vote). I am sure these facts could all be verified if someone wanted to check back because I know Tom has posted the minutes from all the previous General Meetings. Yes, we are due to elect someone new this year, at our general meeting for which we need to set a date. The exec. meeting, which usually precedes the general meeting, was held to try to get things organised for summer because it seemed that everybody was anxious about ordering summer supplies even though we still had 2 months of 1/12 left to run.
2- The decisions made by the exec. have already proved to be non-binding since there has been one change made already and as stated in Tom's post, further changes could be made when things are revued after we get into the summer season.
3- RCShadow is complaining about something that the exec. has done but I am not sure what decision he appears so upset about. He seems most upset about having to race every weekend. I know that this subject has been brought up numerous times with many(at least half the exec.) of us expressing the same thought but we have gone with a majority vote(I think I would be right in saying that RCShadow voted for it) at a AGM to race every weekend.
4- The class changes made by the exec. took a lot of hammering about, but the change was made because it appeared that there were already more people wanting to race the new class than we averaged in the 19T TC class last year. The battery issues we had last year necessitated the change to ALLOW the new battery chemistry this year. It was not mandated that ONLY LiPo could be run, people are quite welcome to run last years batteries or even new NiMh's if they so wish. As a matter of fact, I still have about 10 packs of NiMh(that people asked the club to bring in but were never purchased) from last year that nobody wanted to buy after that fiasco.
I am sorry, as a member of the exec., if we have upset a minority of people(according to the poll). I hope these and any other issues can be resolved in the near future.

Offline cyrrus

• Forum Veteran
A thought......
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 10:42:48 PM »
Quote from: "dajracer"
1- With regards to electing new exec. members every 2 years- since we decided to do that a few years ago we have had a couple of changes that I know of. Burke Gillespie was one of the first new exec. members. He was replaced by Kurk McKay(through popular vote), and I believe Mick Szirmay is on his second term(again by poular vote). I am sure these facts could all be verified if someone wanted to check back because I know Tom has posted the minutes from all the previous General Meetings. Yes, we are due to elect someone new this year, at our general meeting for which we need to set a date. The exec. meeting, which usually precedes the general meeting, was held to try to get things organised for summer because it seemed that everybody was anxious about ordering summer supplies even though we still had 2 months of 1/12 left to run.
2- The decisions made by the exec. have already proved to be non-binding since there has been one change made already and as stated in Tom's post, further changes could be made when things are revued after we get into the summer season.
3- RCShadow is complaining about something that the exec. has done but I am not sure what decision he appears so upset about. He seems most upset about having to race every weekend. I know that this subject has been brought up numerous times with many(at least half the exec.) of us expressing the same thought but we have gone with a majority vote(I think I would be right in saying that RCShadow voted for it) at a AGM to race every weekend.
4- The class changes made by the exec. took a lot of hammering about, but the change was made because it appeared that there were already more people wanting to race the new class than we averaged in the 19T TC class last year. The battery issues we had last year necessitated the change to ALLOW the new battery chemistry this year. It was not mandated that ONLY LiPo could be run, people are quite welcome to run last years batteries or even new NiMh's if they so wish. As a matter of fact, I still have about 10 packs of NiMh(that people asked the club to bring in but were never purchased) from last year that nobody wanted to buy after that fiasco.
I am sorry, as a member of the exec., if we have upset a minority of people(according to the poll). I hope these and any other issues can be resolved in the near future.

I would like to thanks you,

Dajracer.  you actully clarified a couple of thing for myself.  Very nice to see it place in normal text.  

I think the main reason what Rc shawdow is trying to say.  He's lost the passion and the fun.   I know it can be tense in the gym at times. trying to get ready.  I know Dajracer tries to relaxe the atmosphere by razing myself all the  time.  I hope you doing it in fun( I hope anyhow). I just think some time we just have to remember that we are playing with (dare I say soo)  Toy Cars's.  I know a hack here and there can cost.  that is a risk everytime we place our car on the track.   we all have different reason why we race toy cars( shh don't tell anyone I said "toy" again :lol: ).  Mine to get away from my 7 day a week work schedule.

again I'll se you all in the D main this week.

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
A thought......
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 12:21:54 AM »
Quote from: "cyrrus"
I know Dajracer tries to relaxe the atmosphere by razing myself all the  time.  I hope you doing it in fun( I hope anyhow).

Hehe, Andrew thank you for lightening the mood a little!  I laughed out loud when I read this!  You're a great club member, maybe a little slow getting to the line in time, but we wouldn't wanna lose ya!

See ya tomorrow night!
Blake

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
A thought......
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 12:29:58 AM »
We were also told at my first meeting.  that 2 people on the exce were to change.  each of those 2 would be on a 2 year term and be rotating out each year.  well that hasn't happened since my first year.

100% my fault.  I was supposed to organize this at the start of the 2007/2008 Indoor season, but didn't find the time to do so.  As Daryl suggests, we'll hold an election soon, before Summer season gets underway.

when I first joined the club years ago. the each changing season we had a general club meeting. Were are these.

Again, my fault.  I have neglected to take the initiative to organize these sessions over the last while.  I felt that it was unnecessary to drag everyone into BP for what ultimately ended up as an information session that could be done at the track or on the web.  That was short sited on my part I suppose, and we can definitely start doing the dedicated AGMs again if it helps.

Blake

Offline BigDawg

• Forum Veteran
A thought......
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 01:04:06 AM »
this club  ROCKS! racing is good!sure some things could be better but i am happy with the club as a whole and never dread gettin my stuff ready and i travel 175 k to do it! im not sure what glen is  pissed at either but it does sound reasonable to think if your not having fun, why bother doing it?
AKA MrDoug

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 01:28:14 AM »
wow after reading Tom's long post I guess I have not made what I am trying to say clear enough and I dont know how to do so. I find it almost painful, as I used to love racing Rc cars and find it now a chore to get my stuff to go racing every week, when say 5-6 yrs ago the idea of racing every weekend was really appealing it has since slid off to not wanting to go or forcing my self to go at all.  I dont know what to do anymore, I think some time off will do me some good, or it may not, time will tell.

I am sorry to hear that you've lost the spark for IROCC and racing in general.

1. If it's due to fear over the new technology decisions, then I remind you that no one is forcing anyone into the new battery tech.  We took the smoothest possible approach to easing the club into the new R/C world and we've done our best to keep racing accessible to everyone.

2. If it's due to the lack of a 19T class, then I encourage you to join the Pro10 class as an alternate.  Not only is it cheaper to run than Touring, it's also a new type of driving experience to add to your repertoire!

3. If it's because of any particular individuals, then I encourage you to approach those people and resolve the issues.  Personal issues like that shouldn't prevent you from enjoying this great hobby.

4. If it's because you feel you have no "say" in the direction of the club, I encourage you to run in the upcoming election.  I'll also remind you that you currently have a lot more "say" than you think, as, in general, the Exec does listen to everyone.  You'd be surprised to see the decision process at an Exec meeting; it's biased completely toward what we feel best for the rest of the racers, not ourselves.  And that's the honest truth.

Heck, if Tom had his way we'd be running 12th Scale year round.  If Craig had his way we'd run only Nitro.  If Daryl had his way, entry fees would be $20 per class.  If Shane had his way we'd be limited to 3300 cells and one set of tires per year.  If Kurk had his way we'd outlaw NiMH cells and allow only LiPo.  And if I had my way we'd be hosting Speed Weekend in Vancouver.

So as you see, Exec personal wishes have no part in the decision making process.  I can say that with complete honesty.

I hope to see you on Saturday.  It wouldn't be the same without someone to trash-talk Gerry!
Blake

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
A thought......
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 01:37:08 AM »
im in for runnin shanes rules..lol
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 customworks direct drive sprint. 
1/10 kyosho optima mid se
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline haddow

• ayatollah of rock and rolla
  • Forum Veteran
    • Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
A thought......
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 01:07:34 PM »
Glenn, it seems the theme to each one of your recent posts is that you have lost interest. This is not uncommon. We race every single week all year round almost. You have been racing for 5 years full tilt, easy to hit a wall and get bored.

My problem with your cooments is that you are blaming your loss of interest on the exec. For everyones info, the exec went NAME BY NAME, CASE BY CASE for each driver where rules changes and class changes may effected them.  So Phil, although you may not have been contacted directly, we know enough about all of the drivers to still make decsion about what will likely work for the general population. As everyone else has said a thousand times, you cant make every one happy.

Glenn, your disinterest and blaming your issues on  the exec is unfair and a slap in the face to all of the effort and carefull consideration we have exercised. Your lack/loss of interest and comments are dragging other people down with you. If you are ready to leave, then  just  leave, instead of taking as many people down with you as you can.

Jody "trying to get a life" Haddow
Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
https://www.facebook.com/drspeeddesigns/

Offline RC51

• Forum Veteran
A thought......
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 01:39:55 PM »
Hey, J.

You don't think I'm alone in this since I simply raised the example, now do you? Quite frankly, the exec don't or didn't have all of the details about racer interests for the season so how could the decision possibly be informed? Cripes, if I hear one more person complaining to me or to others about why they weren't consulted ... the reality is that these are based on inferrences and not consults and that's part of what this model invokes. It's irksome to assume what others do or do not want.

Personally, I'm satisfied and dissatisfied at once. Pro10 ... yahoo! Crap, the class I was planning to work on (19T) was irradicated without the courtesy of a conversation with half the field. I know, I know it was a difficult decision ...

Offline haddow

• ayatollah of rock and rolla
  • Forum Veteran
    • Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
A thought......
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 02:22:16 PM »
we have more of a clue than you think. I also did personally consult you and your thoughts and they were represented in all discussions. It also seems that this smaller disgruntled IROCC population that isnt happy happen to be the small circle of people complaing to you and on the forum. There are less people complaining than not, sorry if you are in the misddle of that, but thats your choice.  Re-read Toms post for an explaination on how not everyone will ever be happy and especailly the analogy about the squeeky wheel. You happen to promote the squeeky wheel. Sorry but its true, and possibly why you feel your concerns have not been addressed. Like I say, you actually were directly consulted so your compaints and "irks" are unfounded.

Jody
Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
https://www.facebook.com/drspeeddesigns/

Offline RC51

• Forum Veteran
A thought......
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 02:33:04 PM »
I must be missing something or I have too much aluminum in my pots  :)  I don't recall anyone suggesting to me or to others such as Brian etc, that "we're thinking of not running 19T this year - how does that impact you and the other 8 racers affected by this course?"

Like I said, I am both satisfied and dissatisfied. Call it a compromise. It is what it is. And it's still irksome. Sort of like the "this is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you, but I have to do it" thing. Know what I mean?

Glenn, I think it would be a shame for you to pack up and quit. A break, sure, but don't leave for these reasons. You're a hoot and a helluva racer indoors and out.

Phil

Offline rcshadow

• Forum Veteran
:
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 03:04:38 PM »
Holy smokes;

I see why I never write on this damn thing anyway, you know even the subject was a thought, even the poll was to see if I was alone thinking this way, and once again the EXECS take what they want out what I have written and run with it. Its the tires he is pissed about, now its that I am blaming the execs, wow you really do have a jaded view of the world huh Haddow.
   So never mind about it. Obviously I cant write properly and most of you have pointed that out in detail to cause about 4-5 ppl have put down what I have been meaning to say.
    I am seeing it from the same light after what you wrote haddow, to what I have said. I will need to take some time off cause I still dont see where I have blamed the EXEC's so its ok to not get your panties in a knot, it was me and only me, and it wont happen again, success in crushing a thought, thats new. Ya speaking of a slap in the face, dont write anything on the forum that is against the powers that be, or may be a concern or a A THOUGHT or a point. This is really being a joke to try and bring anything up, or to see if I am just getting to the point where I need a break.  So no one come with me if I take some time off cause I can only do it alone....dont want to drag anyone else into thinking what I may or may not, or could or could not be thinking, I dont even know anymore.

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 05:04:08 PM »
dont write anything on the forum that is against the powers that be, or may be a concern or a A THOUGHT or a point.

You can't expect to make a post like yours without attracting attention from the decision makers.  And it's not because we want to shoot it down; it's because we genuinely want to get to the bottom of it and get it resolved - for the good of the club.

Blake

Offline rcshadow

• Forum Veteran
:
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 05:50:59 PM »
Reading back I think I need to express something, that I possibly didnt make clear or even address, I DONT blame the execs for anything, sheeesh I would not have been coming out for 5 yrs ,if that is how long it has been for me. I know you have had some tough decisions to make, and I know they would not be easy. I DONT have a problem racing every weekend, in fact I love it and I am still torn about racing tonight. Gerry said he is gonna kick some butt, so I gotta keep him in check.
   I just FEEL ( this is just me again, no one else) that for a club our size, and a great club too,maybe alternative input during meetings may have helped, obviously everything was already taken into account ,from what I have been reading.
   I only wanted to express my views, (obviously unwaranted ones but still my views). I suppose that I just didnt do it in a proper way, and I am sorry for making everyone think that I hate the club, and think it is a waste, its not. Just thought it was all our club and we may have been able to help in a constructive way on the hard decisions that were needed this year.

Offline rcbasher

A thought......
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 08:21:29 PM »
Sorry to step in here but I check on this web site often because of the huge following/sucess.  If I lived in Victoria I would def. be on board. My city has more people, but no organization skills!! From a non IROCC member, but someone who knows about issues such as this, I think the exec. should be proud. You have satisfied a huge percentage of your members (according to your poll).  I don't beleive there is one manager, executive, government, leader of any kind in the entire world that pleases everyone. So to have only 7 of 40 something to be unhappy, that is a huge success. Sorry again to jump in but sometimes it helps to have an outsider's opinion.

Offline TestosteRON

• Forum Rookie
  • Retired
Think yourself lucky!
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 06:17:06 PM »
Well, I just had to say something about the minority who feel the rules are not quite to their liking :roll: .....as with Doug Ball, I have to travel a few kilometers to get to Victoria, from Parksville and although I haven't taken part in the 1/12 scale winter series, (I used to race them many, many years ago!)
You know what they say "The older you get, the better you were!" :lol:
I cant wait to come to the summer's series.....at least there is a summer series!
Just think on...what if there wasnt a track and no one to organize a series and no one to do the research and no one put in time to find a location and no one to do anything at all.......then who would be moaning?
By the way rcbasher.....do I know you?
Ron.
Losi SCTE 4x4
CRC XL (ex B.Bell)