Author Topic: Who's racing THIS Sunday???  (Read 6666 times)

Offline jamminjim

• Forum Regular
Who's racing THIS Sunday???
« on: September 14, 2005, 06:42:58 PM »
So with all the guys going to Kamloops, who will be left to race with here?????
Know racing, know life.  No racing, no life.

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://abc123.dowco.com/~tom/rc
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 06:56:54 PM »
Not many people are going that I'm aware of.

I'll bring the trailer out for sure; I'll probably be racing, but there is a possibility I'll be taking the day off since I have some other major stuff I've got to get done.

Offline SgRddY

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 07:59:56 PM »
hi tom,  when do we know for sure that we will race or not?

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 08:20:02 PM »
Racing will be on.  The question is how many people are planning on showing up.  There's likely fewer than 10 people going to Kamloops (I can think of 5 or 6 that are planning on going), so it's not like there won't be anyone around to show up.

There are also people planning to not show up for other reasons as well.

As mentioned, racing will be on, but who knows how many people will bother to show up.

Offline Grinder

• Forum Veteran
    • http://www.astroglide.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 08:29:07 PM »
I think at most there will be six of us gone.  Although most will be stricken with grief at our abscence I'm sure the show will go on....
Stryker - "This isn't about you, Logan. Your country needs you."
Logan - "I'm Canadian."

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 08:39:52 PM »
i know gerry and glen will be there as that is there only opportunity to score some decent points :twisted:

Offline RYY

• Forum Regular
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 09:10:04 PM »
Rain or shine, I would hope everyone except those going away would still be racing.  I can even group myself in with Dougs comment re: with a bunch of the good drivers absent there should be some good points up for grabs. LOL ahahahahah
RYY
est

Offline kukkiyukkuk

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 04:12:28 AM »
Yea i will definately be racing on sunday and hopefully i will be able to gie ryy a run for more then the qualifers (had some troubles in main performing to his superior standards)......

No sooner will a camel pass through a needles eye than a great man be found by an election

Offline cyrrus

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 05:13:49 AM »
Man I wish I could race,  I'm starting to have withdrawls :lol: .  This will be the 3rd straigh I will miss.  First weekend-laying new flooring second could of raced.  boss phones me @ 2 to tell me don't bother to come in I'm not need, a##h*l#.  this week I have to work cause of a BBQ function,  I'm guessing next weekend i won't be able to either.  Major wedding.  man I hate when people quit.  But I need to cash to get my new 12 scale chassis :roll:  :lol:  :o . Can't wait I should be in the mail, as of monday.
ood grief I think I lost my....
. one turn at a time, but what do I have to do on the straight's again.

for a cool display option press alt+(f4)

Offline freddie

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 10:06:48 AM »
rob fantetti will not be there

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 10:14:05 AM »
well i hope he be in kamloops with the rest of the real racers :P

Offline jamminjim

• Forum Regular
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 06:29:11 PM »
Hey Tom (and any other exec members reading this). Since Craig won't be here Sunday, I'll volunteer to design the track if someone is needed.  (no crying ladies)

Offline kukkiyukkuk

• Forum Regular
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 06:31:50 PM »
or it coudl be as easy as craig drawing a layout for us though now it prolly too late to pick one up seeing how they left this morning......... (or im jsut an idiot cause i didnt go to practice and all this is already planned lol)

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 07:19:24 PM »
I thought Gerry had already volunteered to do it.

However, I want to stress that we want to encourage anyone in the club who is interested in track design to contribute to track design; we normally run Craig's tracks because not only does he come up with great layouts, but he has the ambition to come up with them.  I'll let whoever wants to design the track fight it out amongst themselves, since track design has never been mandated as a responsibility for anyone to undertake.

Offline RYY

• Forum Regular
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2005, 07:52:38 PM »
I think we should let those that show up to track set up have a show of hands on which design is favoured that is if there is actually more than one option.  Just a thought
RYY
est

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 09:29:24 PM »
There's no need for it to be exclusive.  If there is more than one person who wants to lay out the track, they can often work together and come up with a great lay-out incorperating ideas from both people.

We used to make tracks up on the fly all the time.  Craig coming up with track plans in advance is qute a modern idea; he only started doing that 5 years ago or so.  We used to all go out on the track together, and have three or four guys colaberate to build a track on the spot.  It's defaintely much easier for everyone else involved if the lay-out is done beforehand, since the entire track can be built at once, instead of following the guys around as they come up with the lay-out.

I'm not concerned about coming up with a track; if other people want a vote or anything, feel free; I'll just leave it up to those who care.

Offline jamminjim

• Forum Regular
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 02:37:30 PM »
Cool, we used to do that too.  I just thought I'd offer my 20 plus years of experience JUST IN CASE it wasn't thought about yet.

Offline rcshadow

• Forum Veteran
:
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 03:36:21 PM »
I think Gerry and I were going to go out tonight and get it done, I dont think there is a rule of who does it, I just know Gerry had the calk and stuff. And as for Mr. Doug I seem to remember you were not a threat when you were here for the points anyway, I was passing you when you were on the track, and when you were in the pits trying to get it running.......har har............good luck in Kamloops dudes......get it done....bring home the hardware....
^^Progress not perfection, doubt kills^^

*R.I.P.   P. Armstrong 1943-2012*

Offline RYY

• Forum Regular
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2005, 04:36:27 PM »
Glen,
That would be great to get it done tonight, if you and Gerry aren't able to make it there tonight, I am offering to put out the cones for you.
Let me know 880-0057
Ryan (RYY) Young
est

Offline rcshadow

• Forum Veteran
:
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 08:06:46 PM »
I just spoke to Gerry, we are planning on going to the track between 6 and 7 anyone wants to help or show up great. Cya there
^^Progress not perfection, doubt kills^^

*R.I.P.   P. Armstrong 1943-2012*

Offline jamminjim

• Forum Regular
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2005, 10:57:02 AM »
As I said in an earlier post about the track layout..........DON'T CRY LADIES!!!!!   (ha ha ha ha ha)