Author Topic: Who's racing THIS Sunday???  (Read 6664 times)

Offline Tom

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://abc123.dowco.com/~tom/rc
Who's racing THIS Sunday???
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 09:29:24 PM »
There's no need for it to be exclusive.  If there is more than one person who wants to lay out the track, they can often work together and come up with a great lay-out incorperating ideas from both people.

We used to make tracks up on the fly all the time.  Craig coming up with track plans in advance is qute a modern idea; he only started doing that 5 years ago or so.  We used to all go out on the track together, and have three or four guys colaberate to build a track on the spot.  It's defaintely much easier for everyone else involved if the lay-out is done beforehand, since the entire track can be built at once, instead of following the guys around as they come up with the lay-out.

I'm not concerned about coming up with a track; if other people want a vote or anything, feel free; I'll just leave it up to those who care.

Offline jamminjim

• Forum Regular
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 02:37:30 PM »
Cool, we used to do that too.  I just thought I'd offer my 20 plus years of experience JUST IN CASE it wasn't thought about yet.
Know racing, know life.  No racing, no life.

Offline rcshadow

• Forum Veteran
:
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 03:36:21 PM »
I think Gerry and I were going to go out tonight and get it done, I dont think there is a rule of who does it, I just know Gerry had the calk and stuff. And as for Mr. Doug I seem to remember you were not a threat when you were here for the points anyway, I was passing you when you were on the track, and when you were in the pits trying to get it running.......har har............good luck in Kamloops dudes......get it done....bring home the hardware....
^^Progress not perfection, doubt kills^^

*R.I.P.   P. Armstrong 1943-2012*

Offline RYY

• Forum Regular
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2005, 04:36:27 PM »
Glen,
That would be great to get it done tonight, if you and Gerry aren't able to make it there tonight, I am offering to put out the cones for you.
Let me know 880-0057
Ryan (RYY) Young
est

Offline rcshadow

• Forum Veteran
:
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 08:06:46 PM »
I just spoke to Gerry, we are planning on going to the track between 6 and 7 anyone wants to help or show up great. Cya there
^^Progress not perfection, doubt kills^^

*R.I.P.   P. Armstrong 1943-2012*

Offline jamminjim

• Forum Regular
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2005, 10:57:02 AM »
As I said in an earlier post about the track layout..........DON'T CRY LADIES!!!!!   (ha ha ha ha ha)
Know racing, know life.  No racing, no life.