Author Topic: Murnan Motor  (Read 4671 times)

Offline Falcon

• Forum Veteran
  • Safety First
Murnan Motor
« on: December 24, 2012, 04:58:46 PM »
Well just before the big day I recieve my motor back from Murnan Modifies Motors. They did a breakin and a Team Engine Modification, (The team engine modification includes the following, but is not limited to: -Crankshaft intake window modified to optimize the timing, and fuel flow. -Crankshaft endbell is modified to optimize fuel filling into the cylinder. -Cylinder is modified to increase fuel flow, and scavenging from the new timing in the highly modified crankshafts. -Crankshaft is machined, and putty filled if necessary. -Pistons are modified when necessary. -The engines internals are checked for proper balance.

Sweet ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
John Bowker
Victoria,BC

Offline dajracer

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://
Re: Murnan Motor
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »
Will that fit in your 1/12 car? Sounds pretty confusing for an electric motor.

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 07:43:47 PM »
wow, sounds expensive. you better beat my bone stock OS next year then ;)

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 09:45:47 PM »
[/quote

Can't remember who, but didn't someone used to make nitro 12th scales (maybe AE?) I'm sure we could make it fit.. Maybe I'll start a project.. Anyone got a old 12th and used up nitro motor? Haha
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 customworks direct drive sprint. 
1/10 kyosho optima mid se
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 09:58:11 PM »
I think it was kyosho that had a nitro 12th on the market overseas. and cox, with the .049 nissan.  its too bad they dont make .049s specifically for cars, but with lipo and brushless, wouldn't be that popular i imagine.

fitting a .12 engine and clutch/pipe in the pod isnt a big deal, though trying to cram a two speed in there has its challenges for sure. wouldnt fit a 12th scale body, though would work on a wgt platform i would think =D

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 10:04:47 PM »
[/quote

Can't remember who, but didn't someone used to make nitro 12th scales (maybe AE?) I'm sure we could make it fit.. Maybe I'll start a project.. Anyone got a old 12th and used up nitro motor? Haha

Kyosho still makes a 1/12 Nitro Car.  Its called the Spada.

Shawn

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 11:04:55 PM »
Pretty sure it costs more than a nitro tc too. Excellent value for money!

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 11:19:04 PM »
Pretty sure it costs more than a nitro tc too. Excellent value for money!

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Kyosho-Spada-09-Radio-Controlled-Car-/78090434

Not in production anymore.  Can getting harder to find.

Awesome motor john.... Cant wait for Nitro season. Looks like I am going to be here for most of it this year, including speedweekend!

Shawn

Offline haddow

• ayatollah of rock and rolla
  • Forum Veteran
    • Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 11:46:14 PM »
sweet! lean it out!
Dr. Speed Designs Custom Racing Driver Hero Cards
https://www.facebook.com/drspeeddesigns/

Offline gotnitro

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 02:22:11 AM »
So if it doesn't start this summer or stay tuned do they have a 1 800 number. Lol

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »
Well just before the big day I recieve my motor back from Murnan Modifies Motors. They did a breakin and a Team Engine Modification, (The team engine modification includes the following, but is not limited to: -Crankshaft intake window modified to optimize the timing, and fuel flow. -Crankshaft endbell is modified to optimize fuel filling into the cylinder. -Cylinder is modified to increase fuel flow, and scavenging from the new timing in the highly modified crankshafts. -Crankshaft is machined, and putty filled if necessary. -Pistons are modified when necessary. -The engines internals are checked for proper balance.

Sweet ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey John, sounds great; no doubt that you'll enjoy the motor.  Mark these dates on your calendar for the TimeZone Gran Prix: July 18-21 2013.  With a motor like that, there's no excuse to miss it!

Blake

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 02:17:49 AM »

Sweet ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey John, sounds great; no doubt that you'll enjoy the motor.  Mark these dates on your calendar for the TimeZone Gran Prix: July 18-21 2013.  With a motor like that, there's no excuse to miss it!

Blake

If you need pitcrew let me know.. Looks like its going to be a Nitro summer for me.   ;D (And maybe some 1/12 in Australia for Fall!  ;) )

Shawn.

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 02:07:08 PM »
Always need pit crew!  Think you can make the TZ race?  It'd be cool to get an IROCC group going down there this year.

Blake

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 07:09:41 PM »
Always need pit crew!  Think you can make the TZ race?  It'd be cool to get an IROCC group going down there this year.

Blake

Its still alittle early, but it looks like I will be home June, July and August this year.   I have already told my wife i am going. I figure with the bathroom reno'ed I should be good for another road trip.

I am going to concentrate on my nitro racing this summer. The 733 I picked up is working pretty good, and I learned alot last year about the clutch on the car last year. I need to work on the chasis setup alittle bit more for this year, and probably should change the motor as I think my Picco has developed an air leak.

Its going to be a good nitro year!

Shawn.

Offline Super Mario

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 03:37:17 AM »
Is it Nitro season yet????

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »
gonna put his mod skills to the test for sure on my old OS. well brand new os, only run a couple of days. dont expect to get the beef of a full on new school nova but for $350 all in, i cant really go wrong =)

Offline gotnitro

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 01:50:08 AM »
sounds like a waste of money on a OS.

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 02:01:43 AM »
I guess we will see. os has been in business a very long time. im sure they're doing somthing right.

Offline jarrodH

• Forum Veteran
  • No Budget Racing
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 02:04:17 AM »
Anyone got a old tired nitro motor? I want to try a few things..
ridez
2x 1/12 CRC xti-
1/12 nitro hydroplanes
1/10 customworks direct drive sprint. 
1/10 kyosho optima mid se
1/10 losi 22-2 buggy
1/10 xray t2'16
1/10 bolink eliminator