Poll

How many people are ACTUALLY going to race WGT?

Everytime its scheduled. Its the _ONLY_ class I run!
0 (0%)
Everytime its scheduled. Its my _SECOND_ Class.
4 (57.1%)
Once in awhile, Acouple times a month. (or Less)
0 (0%)
Never. WGT Sucks.
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: April 02, 2014, 11:59:27 AM

Author Topic: WorldGT Participation  (Read 3464 times)

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
WorldGT Participation
« on: March 23, 2014, 11:59:27 AM »

So, I thinking, how many people actually are going to run WGT this year?  Last summer there was some pretty thin races, and there is no way I am going to run 3 classes of cars on Sunday.  So is anyone ACTUALLY going to show up and race WGT on Sunday's?  I have not looked, but I think the field was pretty much myself, Rob, Daryl, Neil, and Craig. And even then when our Nitro cars broke, or needed adjustments, we would opt out of WGT to get our main rides working again.

I personally like the WGT since its virtually maintenance free, but if no one is going to race it with me, then I am putting it on the shelf, or maybe F/S.

So what are your plans for WGT? And please be honest with yourself, when it comes to your actual predicted participating this summer.

Cheers,
Shawn.

Offline BCbud

• Forum Veteran
Re: WorldGT Participation
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »
I was wondering the same thing. Will there be enough racers in this class to make it happen?

Neil.
Xray T4 2013 Touring Stock - Xray T4 2013 VTA - Xray NT1 - CRC Gen-X10  - CRC GEN-X - CRC GEN-XI - Traxxas Slash 4X4 with LCG conversion - RC8Be  - Xray XB4  - DX3R-PRO
Recycled teenager.
XLR8!

Offline Blake

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:14:50 PM »
Hehe, I don't think WGT "Sucks", but I did answer "No" on your poll.

Based on last summer's results (http://www.irocc.ca/index.php?topic=4558.0), we ran the class 5 times out of the 7 race days we actually had.  We had 4-6 cars each time.

FYI, this is how many times each of you ran the class last summer:

Fantetti, Rob 5
Fantetti, Joe 5
Johnson, Neil 3
Roberts, Craig 3
Wood, Gorden 3
Zweers, Shawn 3
Palmer, Vince 3
Jones, Daryl 2

I certainly like the idea of running the class as it gives people two electric classes to run at IROCC if you're not really a Nitro person, and you're looking to keep yourself busy with two classes.  Looking at that list above, it would seem that at least Joe, Neil, and Daryl might possibly be looking for a second class to run this summer....  Also, I think I heard a rumour that Mateo might run WGT as well.  Not sure about Rob F himself....

Blake

Offline dajracer

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Veteran
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »
I should be in town until the middle of August. So, yes, I would run it as my second class and I did vote accordingly.

Offline freddie

• IROCC Exec
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 08:58:03 PM »
wgt rocks we will run it

Offline valk

• Forum Veteran
  • N00B
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »
I think the few times i saw mateo run wgt he was actually better than with his 12th scale ha. that should be good to see =) If enough people were running it on a regular basis id consider picking one up again... but nitro is in the blood.

Offline Shawn68z

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 02:34:07 PM »

OK. So in a couple of days the polls stops, and only 5 people have responded...  1 of them is me. ...

Rob, did you put your vote down for the Poll? Only shows 2 people running, one of them is me. 

Neil? Craig?  (is Joe ON here?),

Shawn.